𝟐𝟎 | 𝐈𝐍 𝐍𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐃 | 𝟏/𝟐

— 𝒞 —

"𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐍𝐎𝐖, Charlie, but that guy over there is totally checking you out."

"What guy?" asked Charlie as she turned her head to the right, her eyes squinting as she scanned across the café.

"I said not to look!" exclaimed Garcia as she reached over and playfully slapped her arm.

"You can't just say not to look," laughed JJ, who was sitting beside Charlie. "That'll just make her look."

Charlie giggled as she turned to face the other two. "Describe him."

Emily narrowed her eyes as she leaned forward and peered past Garcia. "Dark hair—"

"Handsome," added Garcia.

"—blue eyes—"

"Very handsome."

"—pretty muscular—"

"Super handsome."

"—seems a little taller than you—"

"Extremely handsome."

"—and I don't think this was mentioned yet: handsome."

"Totally handsome."

Charlie giggled once more as she glanced to her right, where, indeed, there was a man who fit Emily's (and Garcia's very diverse) description.

The man, who had been gazing at her, as Garcia had pointed out, gave her a smile, taking the opportunity to show off his white teeth that nicely complimented his tan skin. A little nervous that she had been caught, Charlie replied with a smile before turning back to the others, who were raising their eyebrows and giving her sly grins.

She shrugged as she took a sip of her coffee. "Not my type."

Though, that wasn't the only reason she wasn't interested. Rather, she was far happier with the man she was already with—not that they knew that.

So far, within the past week and a half that it had been, their plans of remaining quiet have been going well. Mainly because there was no reason to ever talk about it. Hopefully, the rest of the month would pass just as smoothly.

"Oh, come on," JJ sighed, frowning before taking a bite of her sandwich. "You haven't dated anyone since that Nick guy you told us about."

"I didn't like him one bit," muttered Garcia with a raised finger. "Very glad you got rid of him before you joined."

"And that was, what, almost a year ago?" JJ pointed out. "It's time you got back in the game."

"Work is more important," Charlie replied with a shrug. "I don't have time to date."

Garcia huffed as she glanced over at the man. "But that guy is so handsome."

"Like I said," Charlie chuckled as she lifted her bagel to her lips. "Not my type."

"What is your type, then?" Emily asked, the corner of her lip tugging upwards as she leaned forward.

"Oh, I can answer that," JJ laughed. "Tall, nerdy, brown eyes . . ."

Garcia grinned. "Sweet, oblivious, first name Spencer, last name Reid."

"Oh, that's funny," Emily remarked, her smirk growing, "sounds like a guy I know."

"That's not true," Charlie huffed, her cheeks becoming pink. There was no way she was going to let the secret slip—not this easily. However, she was a horrible liar when it came to friends. "I don't like him like that. We're just friends."