𝟑𝟏 | 𝐋𝐈𝐌𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 | 𝟑/𝟑

— 𝒮 —

"𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 I'm most looking forward to today?"

Already fully dressed and ready to go, Spencer watched while Charlie brushed her hair. They still had about twenty minutes until they had to leave, and he was really considering using that time to nap on the bed he was sitting on. But gazing at Charlie was much more enjoyable, anyway.

He raised his eyebrows. "What?"

"All the crazy people who're gonna take up all our time saying they know 'helpful' info about the case." She sighed, putting her hairbrush on the desk and peering into the mirror while fluffing her hair. "Thanks to Agent Attention-Seeker."

"It might not be that bad," Spencer reassured her, though he knew that was far from the truth. Agent Morris' public briefing was about the last thing they needed, and the consequences of her decision were soon to roll out. He had never thought she'd be like that—but then again, maybe he was too trusting. "For all we know, it might be a quiet morning."

"Oh, please." Charlie rolled her eyes as she turned to him and leaned back against the desk. "This is going to be the worst day on this case. And that's including the day we spent going through all that disgusting evidence boxes."

Spencer sighed. She was right, though he really didn't want to admit it. This whole situation was just another worry to add to the list.

"Anyway," she muttered. She sat down beside him and intertwined her fingers with his. He would be lying if he said that her touch didn't still make his heart skip a beat. "We should go out when this case is done. Go for dinner or something."

His eyebrows raised at the topic change. "What made you think of that?"

"What, you don't wanna?"

"That's not what I said, Lotte," he corrected quickly, squeezing her hand. "I just mean, it's a completely different topic."

She pursed her lips as her eyes met his. "I don't know, I was just thinking about how all our alone time recently has been in hotels during cases."

That was true enough. The last month had practically been back-to-back cases. He barely had any time to feed his fish, much less take Charlie out. And as much as he enjoyed their nighttime routines in the hotels, he would much prefer to take his girlfriend somewhere nice.

"Yeah," he murmured, kissing the side of her head. "Let's do something as soon as we get back."

She smiled at him. He hoped that this pleasant sensation that had settled over his body would last the entire day (though he knew it would dissipate the moment he stepped foot into the station).

"Spence?" Her hand rested on Spencer's cheek, and his face was led closer to hers. Their noses grazed each other, and her hot breath tickled his chin. "I love you."

He pressed a soft kiss on her lips. "I love you too."

As he drew away, her hand firmed on his cheek, and she pulled him back in. He was glad he had brushed his teeth only minutes before, and he could taste the same minty flavour when his tongue slipped inside her mouth. His hands were on her shoulders, though they quickly made their way down to her hips, and his grip didn't loosen in the slightest when she climbed onto his lap.

His heart missed a few beats when her fingers twisted into his hair; even though he had already styled it, he didn't mind her messing it up. He toyed with the waistband of her jeans for a moment, then let his fingers skim the skin of her hips.

When she pulled away, his eyes met hers. They were different than the sleepy ones he had woken up to—they were full of desire. He always loved her eyes, and he loved them most when they glinted with hunger.