𝟏𝟓 | 𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐃𝐔𝐒𝐓 | 𝟏/𝟐

— 𝒞 —

𝐉𝐔𝐍𝐄 𝟏𝟔𝐓𝐇, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟗

"𝐇𝐄'𝐒 𝐓𝐎𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘 𝐂𝐔𝐓𝐄."

"Josh Alderidge?" Charlotte laughed, then grabbing a couple of pieces of popcorn and playfully throwing them at her. "No way!"

Vivian giggled, brushing off one of the popcorns that had stuck to her sweater. "I know that he was into eating bugs and whatever, but that was when we were fourteen, Charlotte! It's been seven years!"

"I don't care how long it's been, Viv, I'm sure he has a bug or two still crawling inside him." Charlotte shuddered, shifting in her spot on the couch. "Plus, what happened to that guy in your neurophysiology lab from the fall semester? What was his name . . . Braeden?"

"Bradley." She shrugged. "Eh. He's okay, but he's no Josh."

"Right, because Bradley has a normal diet."

"Shut up," Vivian laughed. She sighed and tilted her head back onto the couch. "Hey. Is it sad that we're twenty-one and I've only had three boyfriends?"

Charlotte snorted. "If that's sad, then what do you make of the one boyfriend I've had?"

"Straight-up depressing." She grinned. "It's different, though. You've been asked out by, like, ten guys. You just rejected them all, because you're dumb."

"Yeah, only 'cause they all suck." Charlotte pulled up her legs and wrapped her arms around them as she shook her head. "Biomed-engineering guys are . . . eugh."

Vivian gave a solemn nod. "Bio guys are the same."

"Where are the good ones?" Charlotte sighed.

"Josh—"

"No!"

"Why don't we invite him over?" Vivian suggested, glancing over her shoulder with a growing grin. "He lives just down the street."

"Yeah, the one weekend we stay over at your parents' house, we have guys over." Charlotte gave an amused scoff and shook her head. "I'm sure they'll love that."

"Excuse you, it's only one guy. Plus, it's not even like my parents are home," she pointed out. "They won't even be home till the morning, so they'll never know."

Charlotte glanced around. "They don't have security cameras or something?"

"What," she laughed, "are we rich?"

"No boys!" Charlotte wagged a finger. "Please. In engineering, I'm surrounded by guys. I need some girl time."

"Oh, boo hoo, you live such a horrible life," Vivian teased, faking a pout. "I would hate to be surrounded by guys who are all in love with me."

"First of all, they're not. Second, I told you, engineering guys are gross!"

"Whatever." She sighed before looking back towards the TV, and her eyebrows furrowed at the frozen Clueless on screen. "Wait, why'd we pause the movie?"

Charlotte glanced at the scene they had been in the middle of watching. "Because Josh came on and then you started talking about Jitterbug Josh."

"Oh, right." She gave a dreamy smile. "Josh . . ."

"Hey!"

"What?" she said innocently, her blue eyes widening. "I'm talking about movie-Josh. Paul Rudd is so dreamy . . ."