𝟐𝟒 | 𝐂𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐁𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍

— 𝒞 —

"𝐒𝐇𝐇, 𝐇𝐄'𝐒 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄!"

As the footsteps neared the entrance, Charlie placed her party horn in her mouth and prepared to blow. Though she was watching the door, she could sense everyone else getting their party horns and confetti poppers ready.

"Happy birth—goddammit, Morgan!"

As everyone groaned and settled down, Morgan looked around in confusion. "What? What did I do?"

"Just shh and grab a confetti popper!" JJ hissed, swatting him away from the entrance.

"Oh—right," he muttered, putting his bag down and taking the popper from Garcia, "it's Kid Genius' birthday. How old is he now? Three? Four? Wait, no—five?"

"Twenty-six," Charlie corrected with an amused roll of the eyes.

"Already?" He gave an impressed hum. "Time really does fly past."

JJ shushed him, earning a shrug in return. Everyone's eyes were set on the double doors, holding their breaths in case an exhale possibly covered the sound of his footsteps. Anytime someone made a slight noise—a cough, their shoes squeaking—they would be met by a chorus of shushing.

"Okay," JJ murmured, "I think he's actually here."

Charlie squinted past the logo printed on the glass doors and saw the outline of a tall man approaching. It had to be him.

As soon as the door opened, "Happy birthday!" was shouted out in unison with party horns being blown and confetti popped.

Spencer stumbled back, though he had a large grin on his face. He regained his balance as the confetti settled on the ground, and he laughed.

"Thanks, guys."

"The big two-six," Morgan chuckled, stepping forward and ruffling Spencer's hair. "Getting old, huh?"

"Aren't you thirty-four?" replied Spencer as he fixed his hair. "If twenty-six is getting old, then—"

"Hey, hey, shut it, birthday boy, or you'll get your spankings sooner than later."

Garcia came up to him, a green 'Birthday Boy' ribbon in hand. "For you!"

He scrunched his nose. "Do I have to—"

"Yes, you don't have a choice!"

Spencer chuckled as he took the ribbon from her and pinned it onto his button-up.

Charlie waited on the side as he accepted his birthday wishes. Once they were done, she went up to him and patted his arm. "Happy birthday, Spence."

"Thanks." He smiled. "You know, I was thinking . . ."

"Hm?"

He glanced around at the team that was settling back to their spots, and then lowered his voice, "Considering that it's my birthday, maybe Hotch will be more lenient with our . . . news?"

"You think so?" she asked quietly, her eyebrows furrowed. She wasn't so sure she agreed with his hypothesis. "Just because it's your birthday?"

"I don't know, maybe not." He shrugged. "It's worth a shot—anyway, we need to tell him eventually. I'd think it's better to do it when the mood is light."

"That's true." She sighed and shrugged. "Okay, we'll tell him today. Maybe after dessert."

Spencer's eyes immediately lit up. "Dessert?"

"Of course." She laughed. "I baked a cake for you. It's in the fridge."

His small smile had turned into a beam. "You're the best."