The Big Question part 1

Everyone had headed back inside the house, Except for Edgar, who had to get the cake from his car first. He then gave the crate to Maxwell who took it and went to the kitchen.

Maxwell: *pulls out his notebook and erases the adjective on the crate, making it go back to it's regular size. After putting the notebook away he manages to store the crate with the cake in it into a refrigerated place. More specifically a walk in freezer that was in one of their basements, since the cake was too big to be put in the fridge*

You might be wondering how he managed to get it into the room with it being so big and heavy. Well, He spawned in a lift before putting his notebook away.

*Afterwords, Maxwell headed up to his room to meet up with lily and closes the door behind him once he got Inside*

Lily: *runs up to Maxwell and grabs him by the arms as she has a wide smile on her face* You're going to propose to her?!

Maxwell: *pushes lily away* Shh! Shut up! I don't want mom and dad to hear us!

Lily: oh.. sorry.. *whispers* you're gonna propose to her?!

Maxwell: *pauses for a moment and then proceeds to take a deep breath and a sigh before speaking* yes... I am..

Lily: Omg! That's so amazing to hear Maxwell! I'm guessing thats why you left the restaurant right? So you could get the engagement ring?!

Maxwell: yeah.

Lily: can.. can I see the ring?

Maxwell: um... I don't know..

Lily: please??

Maxwell: oh, alright. But don't touch it! *Gets the bag out and pulls out the blue box and opens it to reveal the ring*

Lily: *gasps as she has stars in her eyes* oh my god! Maxwell, that's so beautiful! Kaitlyn's gonna love it!

Maxwell: yeah I know she will. But.. the thing is.. I'm not doing it yet.. I'm actually planning on doing it next month, on the 27th.. because it'll be our 4 year anniversary and...honestly.. I think the time is right to ask her.

Lily: how are you planning on doing it?

Maxwell: I have something in mind, don't worry..

Lily: where are you gonna be doing it at?

Maxwell: *in mind* why are you asking so many questions? *In real life* idk I might take her to the beach, maybe have a bonfire?

Lily: oh wow.. that sounds so romantic! *Pauses for a brief second* wait.. you're planning on proposing to her, when we are only high school graduates..and we haven't even gone to college yet..

Maxwell: I thought that out too. Don't worry lily. I'll be fine! I have full confidence that the proposal will go well.

Lily: what about mom and dad?

Maxwell: I'm gonna wait to tell them about the engagement a few months after the proposal. And I'm also gonna tell them the plan I had in mind so that they don't freak out.

Lily: you really put alot of thought into this, didn't you?

Maxwell: of course I did! I wanna make sure that this is a special moment. I don't want it to be too simple nor too over the top. Even though she deserves it, I don't want to overwhelm her.

Lily: fair enough.

Maxwell: so.. what about you and Blake? You two have been together for a while now too.

Lily: *blushes bright red* w..w..what?! Um... I don't.. know about.. that.. I think... It might be too soon.. for us..

Maxwell: idk sis. For all you know, he could be asking for your hand sooner than you think.

Lily: *couldn't say anything due to her being flustered over the idea of Blake proposing to her one day*

Maxwell: heh I'll leave you alone..*leaves the room and heads downstairs to the living room*

*Shadow comes out of his room and stops Maxwell as he was halfway down the stairs*

Shadow: hey! I saw the cake You brought in. Is that hector's rêve de chocolat ice cream cake?

Maxwell: yeah. And you can't have any. Sorry..

Shadow: why not?! Are you trying to hog it all to yourself you fatty?!

Maxwell: *had the urge to cry as he was very insecure about his wieght but tried to hide it* n...no! It's...way too big for me.. to eat.. by myself anyway.. I could die...

Shadow: well judging by how much of a fat pig you are, I'm pretty sure that won't be a problem for you! You're like Kirby, you inhale every food you see! *Laughs and points at him*

Maxwell: *tries to hide his face* *he speaks softly* right... Okay... *Slowly continues to walk down the stairs and enters the living room. He then goes into the couch and hides himself in a blanket*

Edgar: *saw everything that had happened between Maxwell and shadow and storms into shadow's room breaking the door down and grabbing shadow by his shirt collar. And had a very tight grip too* YOU KEEP THIS CRAP UP, AND YOU WILL GET LESS TIME TO PACK!

shadow: *flips Edgar off* he deserved it.

Edgar: *filled with rage he grabbed his cane and pins shadow to the ground as he proceeds to whoop him with the cane repeatedly*

Shadow: *screaming in pain because being spanked with the cane was more painful than being whooped with a clothes hanger*

Which yes, Edgar would spank his kids with a clothes hanger. It was either that or you would get whooped with the cane

Shadow: YOU PSYCHO! THIS IS ASSAULT! YOU'RE GOING TO JAIL!

Edgar: oh trust me, you've done much MUCH worse then what I do! So my method of punishment/consequences is nothing compared to the tons and tons of damage you cause this family! Hell! Even some of the stuff you did was illegal, and I'm surprised you are not in jail! And yet you wanna talk about how I'm "assaulting" you? No boy. This isn't assault! This is what you fricking deserve! you entitled and sick twisted brat!

*Shadow gets up*

Edgar: I'm calling the moving people to help you pack! Now I expect you to be out of this house in 2 weeks! Now shut up and continue packing! *Leaves shadows room and closes the door behind him, and then quickly goes to him and Julie's room to put his cane away*

*Afterwords he goes over to the couch in the living room where maxwell is hiding himself in*

*Edgar sits down next to him*

Edgar: hey... It's okay son.. I took care of him for you.. I'm sorry you had to go through this..

Maxwell: *continues to hide under the blanket as he softly sobs*

Edgar: look.. everything will be okay. I'm here now. And pretty soon, shadows not gonna be able to make our lives miserable anymore.

*Puts his hand on his back*

Son.. can you please come out from the blanket?

Maxwell: *sniff* did you whoop him with the cane?

Edgar: yes.

Maxwell: did anyone record it?

Edgar: um.. I don't know.. maybe.. but I'm not sure.

Maxwell: *slowly comes out from under the blanket and looks at his dad* if anything someone probably did.. but at least.. he got.. what he deserved..

Edgar: yeah. Hey.. we are about to serve the cake.. you want a slice?

Maxwell: *wipes the tears away* yeah, Sure!

Edgar: that's my boy! Now come on, everyone is gathering out in the backyard.

Maxwell: okay. *Gets out of the blanket and follows Edgar to the backyard where everyone else is*