A father's blessing

August 10th 2023

Maxwell goes upstairs to his room to prepare himself to go to Kaitlyn's house so he can ask her father for his blessing.

He grabbed his notebook and spawns in a bouquet of roses and a formal outfit for him to wear. Even though he didn't really need to wear anything fancy to impress Kaitlyn's father, he thought it would be appropriate.

He puts his notebook away and puts on the formal outfit.

He does all the other stuff he needs to do to look presentable, and then once he was ready, he grabs the bouquet of roses and heads downstairs and out the door.

Maxwell quickly goes back into the house because he realizes he forgot his Tesla card, so he grabs his Tesla card and then leaves the house again to go to Kaitlyn's.

Once he had made it to Kaitlyn's house, he gets out of the Tesla and goes towards the front door, seeing as he is alittle nervous but confident, he takes a deep breath before knocking on the front door

The door opens, it was Kaitlyn's dad who had answered (obviously)

John: (that's his first name) oh, Hey Maxwell! How's it going bud?

Maxwell: *he smiles as he looks at him* hey Mr. Goldenheart!

John: if your looking for Kaitlyn, unfortunately she's not here right now, she's at a dentist appointment.

Maxwell: oh, well that's okay. Because I actually wanted to see you.

John: oh? Okay then. Um.. would you come in?

Maxwell: oh yeah! Of course. *He enters the house* Here Mr Goldenheart, I got some flowers for you.

John: oh. Um.. thank you! These are beautiful!  Honestly when I saw these I thought you were gonna give them to Kaitlyn.

Maxwell: oh um.. no actually I got these so that you can just, place them somewhere in your house, because I thought it would look nice.

John: *smiles* well that's very thoughtful of you. Here, come with me, there's a vase sitting on the dining room table, we can place them there.

Maxwell: *follows john to the dining room table as John then grabs the vase and fills it up with water and then placing it back onto the table while also putting the flowers into the vase.*

John: *pulls up a chair for Maxwell so that they can sit and talk* come take a seat.

Maxwell: oh.. um.. Thanks!.. you didn't really need to do that. *Sits down while John goes and sits in the chair across from where Maxwell was sitting*

The dining room table wasn't very big. It was it about an average size.. and the two men were able to see each other just fine, as they weren't sitting to far away from each other

John: *clears throat* So, what brings you here bud? And also, what's with The suit? You look real sharp in that.

Maxwell: *shows a soft smile while also feeling nervous, but was trying his best to keep his cool* heh.. Thanks. I know l don't really need it on.. but I feel like it would be appropriate for what I want to discuss with you about..

John: oh? And what's that?

Maxwell: *takes a deep breath before speaking* so.. about 2 weeks ago.. I have proposed to your daughter.. now, before you say anything, I know what your thinking...  This is your first time hearing this, and maybe I should've asked you this earlier.. but I uh.. kinda forgot.. *pauses for a brief moment before speaking again*