Kam: Do I Really Love You?

THIRD PERSON POV:

"Hey - Bangs Boy, wait up! Where are you going?" Keefe struggled to keep up with Tam's pace. For someone who sat out of PE injured most of the time (moodily), he sure could run fast when it was lunch time. Tam turned a corner and Keefe almost crashed into his back. "Aww, Tammy waited for me! How sw-"

He stopped when he saw the look Tam was giving him. It was even more piercing than usual. Keefe peered over his shoulder and spied Sophie talking to Linh. She was saying something like:

".... so I just want you to keep an eye on him for me. Keefe, too. Just in case.."

Linh nodded and held out her pinkie finger. "I promise." Their pinkies locked and Keefe caught sight of them walking away. Keefe was silent.

What had all that been about? What was Sophie talking about 'keeping an eye on him'?

Keefe realised Tam had probably heard more than him, so he turned and gave him an inquisitory look. Tam scowled.

"Don't look at me. You're the eavesdropping proffesional."

"I wasn't even listening for half of it!" Keefe complained.

Tam sighed and fiddled with his tunic. "Well, I just heard Sophie telling my sister to keep an eye on both of us. Just in case..." Keefe raised his eyebrows and asked, "Just in case what?"

"Nevermind." Tam seemed to be avoiding his eyes for some reason. "Please?"

He shook his head and trudged off. Keefe just stood there, not registering what had just happened. He knew Tam despised him, but surely he wasn't that bad?

He pushed his thoughts away and followed Tam up through the foyer and into the lunch hall. A million screaming voices entered his mind. The Foxfire kids were naturally noisy.

Keefe spotted Tam's silver tipped bangs - as significant as they were - and joined him at a table with Linh and Marella. He tapped his shoulder.

"Hey, Bangs Boy! Missed me?" Tam groaned and shot Keefe an exasperated look.

"Why do you have to follow me around so much?"

Keefe was about to answer when Linh broke in, looking anxious. "Yeah, Keefe - what's that about? I was just wondering if you and Tam were like..... friends?"

There was definitely something suspicious going on. Linh never acted this anxious.

"Ahm, very much so." Tam looked up, confused. "We.. are?"

Keefe was insulted - well, duh! He nodded in mock anger, gasping and putting the back of his hand to his forehead.

Linh giggled and took some of Tam's food from his plate, shoving it in her mouth.

"Oi!" They proceeded to throw food at each other. Soon enough, Keefe and Marella had joined the battle - although Keefe made sure nothing got in his hair.

"- because," as he explained to a bedraggled Tam. "Perfect hair is perfect everything."

He got a butterblast in the face for that.

------------
Linh was hiding something. Keefe was determined to find out, yet Tam showed no interest.

Keefe confronted Linh as she exited the girls' toilet. "What was happening earlier - between you and Sophie?"

Linh seemed to be confused, but Keefe could sense her emotions with a touch to the arm and quickly saw through the facade.

"Well... we were chatting about Tam. How much did you hear?"

"Everything," Keefe lied. "Why do you want to keep an eye on me?"

Linh shuffled her feet. She glanced at the floor, then back up at Keefe.

"We thought you might be... gay?"

Keefe stared at her. "Like... gay as in - I have a crush on Tammy Boy?" Keefe felt his face. To Linh it might have looked like Rudolph's glow-up red nose, only bigger.

She nodded. "Why would you think that... and why does that validate 'keeping an eye' on us?"

"Well...." "What?"

"He sort of has a crush on you."

Keefe blanched. Then his face lit up and he beamed. "Hey, I didn't know I was so special to him!"

"So.. do you like Tam?"

Keefe thought about it. Yes - most likely he did love Tam. He had always acted angry and teasing towards him, but maybe that was just because he was afraid to admit his feelings.

He didn't want to tell that to Linh, though. Knowing her she'd set them up on some sort of date and he'd never get the chance to confess properly.

So instead, he ran off in the opposite direction. Linh's shouts echoed off the walls of the hallway behind him.

-----------------------

"It's six in the morning, you stupid gulon." Keefe ignored Tam's sassy comment and continued to shake him awake. He didn't know how Tam was managing to stay in bed without a blanket, but after all this was Tam. He could sleep through a nuclear explosion.

"Come on!" the blond haired boy whined, and with one final shove he pushed Tam off the bed and on to the cold, hard floor of Solreif. Tam seemed unfazed by the lack of a pillow and blanket and continued to snore peacefully.

"I'll get Linh-" Tam sprung to his feet. "Alright, alright!" Keefe smirked and offered Tam his hand, trying to act like a gentleman to impress his crush.

Instead of an impressed pat on the shoulder, he got a kick in the shins.

Tam and Keefe went outside and sat by the lake. (Because there is one okay?)

"So... how was your uh.. weekend?"

Tam stared at him. "It's Thursday." Keefe laughed like he had planned the whole thing. "Yeah, ha ha. Anyway, you wanna meet up on like.. let's say Saturday. We could have some fun in the Forbidden Cities, eh Tam?

Tam squinted at him suspiciously. "Since when was I 'Tam'? You always call me Bangs Boy."

"Not always," Keefe said half-heartedly. "Sometimes I call you Shady McSilverBangs or Tammy boy. Depends how I'm feeling."

Tam snorted. "Yeah, right. Well... see you on Saturday?" He placed his hand over Keefe's.

Keefe beamed. "Yeah! See you on Saturday!"

A/N: I am dying from writing this and I have literally no idea why. My updates are getting slower - but like, who even reads these?

Kam or SoKeefe - which is better in your opinion?