𝖝𝖝𝖎𝖎. a second go around

chapter twenty-two

chapter twenty-two.
( a second go around )

              VARIOUS BOOKS WERE SCATTERED AROUND THEM AS THEY HOPELESSLY ATTEMPTED to try and find a way for Harry not to die during the second task

              VARIOUS BOOKS WERE SCATTERED AROUND THEM AS THEY HOPELESSLY ATTEMPTED to try and find a way for Harry not to die during the second task. Their eyes had began to sting due to the copious amount of reading they were doing, and their heads were blurring from the fatigue and the pressure of the looming task.

              "It's useless!" exclaimed Ascella tirelessly, her head resting on her hand. "We've been at this for hours, and we've not found anything."

              "It's not useless!" argued Hermione hopefully, "we've just got to keep on trying. There's got to be something!"

              "Ascella's right, Hermione, there's nothing," Harry sighed, defeated. "I've just got to accept it; I'm dead. That's it, I'm done for."

              "Loving the optimism, mate," Ron mumbled, his cheek pressed onto an open book.

              "I mean, I could enlist Renée for some help? Maybe they learn different spells in Beauxbatons?" Ascella offered meekly.

              "Nah, I'm sure whatever we've got here is what they know in Beauxbatons," Harry declined, his voice suddenly tense. Ascella frowned in his direction at his sharp tone, but failed to say anything.

              "The only ideal solution that I can think of would be to transform yourself into some sort of water animal," said Hermione, pursing her lips. "But we've not got to that part of Transfiguration yet. And, anyways, if it's not done right it can go really badly . . ."

              "You should've become an Animagus; y'know, like your dad and Uncle Padfoot," commented Ascella, rather unhelpfully. "That would make things much more easier."