Fake Friends Forever

Mary, Mia and I stared wide eyes at each other. I couldn't move. Tears slid down my cheeks. Dan was in pain and Kelly was unconscious.

" NOOO!" Mary cried, sitting at Kelly's side. She hugged her friend.

" What are we going to do?" I asked Mia. Mia sighed.

" Can you take a risk?" Mia looked at me and then back at Kelly.

" What risk?" Mia handed me her iPod.

" Use this for light. You will need to break the number one rule in this stable. Riding in the dark." Mia nodded for me to mount Watson.

" B-but what about you? Mary? Kelly and Dan?" I stammered.

" Don't worry about us. You will save Dan and Kelly. Please?" Mia asked me, her eyes gleamed with sadness. I put my riding helmet on and got onto the saddle.

" Where are you going?" Mary glared at me with anger. " This is all your fault!" Mary yelled at me. Mia nodded, telling me to leave. I turned the reins, and healed Watson to a full gallop, being careful so that Watson wouldn't trip over a log.

" Okay Watson take me back to the stable. You remember the way don't you?" I whispered. Watson flicked an ear back and snorted as we galloped back the way we came. I held on, letting Watson stear, giving him all the rein he needed. Watson ran. The moonlight helped let me see what was in our path. A huge fallen tree came into view.

I remember what Mia told me, trust your horse, when the time comes you will know it. The tree was as tall as the jumps back at the adult course. Watson went full speed ahead, not slowing down. I held my breath as he expanded into the air and used all of his strength to boost us over the tree. I watched as if in slow motion as the feeling of floating rushed over me. Watson landed over the other side, not losing his speed or footing.

" Watson, we did it. Come on boy." I told him. Watson gained speed and flew over another smaller tree. I smiled, I never have felt this connected to Watson before. I had to trust him, he had to get me back to the stable. He galloped up the small hill and in a long distance sure enough was the stable. Watson was sweating, but he never slowed. Soon we reached the stables.

I slowed Watson, and hopped off him. Poppy ran up to me, she looked so worried.

" You guys should have been back here an hour ago... Where is the others?" Poppy asked me, her face was very pale.

" Kelly and Dan are hurt, you have to come quick." I told poppy, I was shaking. Poppy ran into the pasture and got on a dark chestnut horse and kicked him into a gallop. I followed behind her. I was amazed at how she easily got a bridle on the horse so quickly and that she is galloping bareback. I got Watson in lead, and showed Poppy the way back to Kelly.

The fallen tree came up soon. I watched as Poppy jumped it first. Wow, the brown mare followed her rider and fully trusted her. I hope that someday I will have that trust with Watson.

Watson leaped over the huge tree, the floating feeling came back to me, I felt as if I was flying. I smiled and got back in front of Poppy. Watson ran, the landscape swallowed the trails. I followed the adults trial and slowed down to a canter as we came closer. Kelly hasn't moved and Dan just layed there, fear in his eyes. Poppy got off her horse, handing me the reins. I watched as she called 911.

Soon the ambulance came, quickly getting Kelly. A vet helped Dan up. Dan started limping. I had my arms around Watson, I was crying. Mary was so mad at me and Mia.

" I can't believe you!" Mary yelled at me. Mia, Mary and I were in Poppy's house waiting to hear back from the vet and hospital. Poppy left to go take care of her horses in the barn. I had offered to help but she insisted that Mia and I stay in her house and help Mary feel better.