Sneak Peek Of A Random Chapter In Next Book!

I stared at the great big powerful midnight black horse. He blinked at me, as asking me to let him free. I reached my hand in through the high wall fence. The horse backed up, flattening his ears with annoyance.

I grabbed a carrot, and held it out to him. The huge tall limber horse flicked an ear towards the carrot. He took a step and reared. He landed and then started galloping around in the large circle pen. He slowed to a trot, and each time he passed me, he eyed the carrot. I sighed. This was going no where.

" Come on boy, I am not going to hurt you." I whispered softly. " I know what it's like to be hurt, abandoned and left to go in a strange place. I just want to give you a treat. All you have to do is come over and take the carrot. Can you do that?" I asked gently. The horse looked at me, as if trying to decide what to do. He snorted and tossed his head every small step he took. He got closer to the carrot.

" You want it?" I asked again, using a soft voice that doesn't mean any harm. The horse finally gave up and walked over to me. He pointed his ears at me as he snatched the carrot from my hand, quickly devouring it and darting off to the other side of the pen. He slowed to a walk and looked at me with pricked ears, with curious eyes.

" Good boy, see I am not going to hurt you. I know that you have been hurt badly in the past. I have too. I truly understand your pain. See you tomorrow." I tossed a bail of hay over the fence and left back towards the ranch house.

-----------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

That was a random chapter in the next book, Everything Gone. Comment & Like! SUPRISE!!!! :)))

~ Countrygirl1055