Chapter 2 ✰ I like your coat ✰

Root instrumental but it's a riff by Lacie instead of Deftones.

Start and stop this song when you see the *

"Look, I can play a bit of drums and Jax can play base and Lacy can do her thing on the guitar and we can see if we all mesh well

"Look, I can play a bit of drums and Jax can play base and Lacy can do her thing on the guitar and we can see if we all mesh well." Drew smiles at her genius fucking idea, hopping up from the couch.

"Okay yeah." Jax says walking over to the corner of the room where we have all our shit to practice before shows.

"Sounds good to me." Lacy gives me a look full of attitude before walking past me to the corner grabbing the guitar.

I take a deep breath walking over to the couch, plopping down next to Jax's girl of the month. This is such a waste my fucking time, I have to sit here and pretend to listen just to give the same exact answer as I did before.

I cross my arms, looking at them getting situated. Lacy picks up the guitar, putting her head through the strap, she lets it hang as her familiarizes herself with the instrument.

"Just follow my lead?" Lacy asks Drew and Jax.

"Yeah, go for it." Drew responds.

*

Lacy immediately starts out with a heavy sound moving her moving her fingers up and down the neck of the guitar, the rest stay quiet letting her carry.

Drew and Jax catch the beat and start it but Lacy stops playing for a quick second before she joins back it. They all move together in perfect harmony like they've played together for years.

Lacy makes the guitar sound choppy but it somehow fits perfectly with the sound she's just created.

She's not even looking down all that much, her hand just flawlessly moves throughout the guitar.

*

She stops playing causing Drew and Jax to stop as well. She's breathing heavy as she flicks her eyes to mine. "So? Was that heavy enough for you?"

Fuck.