Chapter 39 ✰ Déjà vu ✰

☆ ,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:☆ ,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:

"Further apart, the closer that we are.
I'll keep you far away,
from me like a star. Hard not to fall for you,
I gave you all my heart."

☆ ,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:☆ ,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:

Fallen Star by The Neighbourhood

"You walking back home with Stella again?" I look over my shoulder at her small frame drowning in a school uniform

"Yeah." Lilly shrugs on her backpack.

"Okay be safe, love you." I look back at the tupperware I'm dumping food into.

"I will! Love you." Her voice is rushed as she leaves through the front door shutting the slab of wood behind her.

Drew reminded me yesterday that we have a meeting with our manager tomorrow to discuss the process of My Honest Face release, my nerves have been bubbling ever since.

I tried distracting myself with doing my hair and makeup this morning but it didn't really work, all I could think about is the song coming out and how uncomfortable I felt in my own skin at the idea of people hearing my guitar playing on the track.

I shove the plastic lid onto the small container that holds today's leftover breakfast, quickly tossing it into the fridge. My phone rings out on the kitchen counter, relief flooding my body that I might get a small distraction from my screaming thoughts.

I grab my phone seeing Jax's name accompanied by his face lighting up my screen. Huh, I haven't really talked to him one on one in awhile. I click the little green button lifting the device up to my ear.

"Hey." I say sweetly kind of happy he called. He doesn't respond, nothing but silence on the line. "Jax what's wrong?"

"My mom called me today."

My heart sinks at the pain in his voice. "Where are you?"

"I'm at the house."

"I'll be right there, don't move." I hang up not giving him time to protest.

I grab my purse off of the kitchen table slinging it over my shoulder, in quick pace I stride out of my apartment locking my door behind me. I rush into the elevator, slamming my hand against the lobby button. The elevator seems to go down unusually slow, the doors glide open revealing the gray lobby, dark clouds casting a shadow over the usually sunlit room. I walk out, keeping up my quick pace I push through the glass doors.

I decide not to go with a taxi, considering it probably take two hours longer to get over there, I just walk through the crowded streets, everyone on their commute to work.