Chapter 8 ✰ Her name is Kiwi ✰

☆ ,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:☆ ,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:

"Now it's time to hate myself to pieces.
Fuck do I care?
Just another night wallowing alone."

☆ ,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:☆ ,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:

Young and withering but it's by Lavender instead of Rew

Start and stop this song when you see the  *

This is sort of a double update so if you haven't read  chapter 7 make sure to read it.

The familiar scent of coffee hangs around me, the calming yellow glow of my favorite coffee shop bringing me comfort

Two days. Two fucking days until I have to get up in front of a venue full of people and play a song live.

The line moves, bringing me to the front counter. He's new, the barista is a guy with pretty caramel brown hair and glasses.

"Hi, I'll have a medium caramel macchiato to go for Lacy." I put my polite voice on.

"Okay," he clicks the screen putting in my order. "Want that cold or hot?" He looks up at me, warm brown eyes poring into mine.

"Hot, please." I smile all of the sudden feeling nervous.

"That'll be 10.89" Ahh yes, my favorite overpriced coffee. I feel his eyes intently watching me as I dig through my wallet getting out my card.

I stick the card in, quickly pulling it out and shoving it back into my wallet.

"It'll be right out, Lacy." He grins. "Have a good day."

"Thank you, have a good one yourself." I walk myself out of the line and sit down at the old leather chair they have in the corner by a bookshelf.

I pull out my journal scanning the pages at what I've wrote so far.

All the stars shine for you, my love. Am I that girl that you dream of?

It's definitely the beginning of something I just don't know what yet. I finally flip to the last page, my eyes drifting over that one line I've never been able to build off of.

I've been having a hard time adjusting.

I'll never actually do anything with these songs but it's just a healthier way for me to get my thoughts out. My phone buzzes in my back pocket, distracting me from the song that I'll never finish. I pull it out seeing Jax's contact lighting up my screen. I press answer, placing the glass screen against my ear. 

"Hey, can you do me a favor?"

"Um, depends what it is." I play hard to get knowing I'm gonna say yes no matter what.