5 - 𝚂𝚒𝚛𝚎𝚗'𝚜 𝙻𝚊𝚋𝚢𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚑

┌─────────❍─────────┐

"Fools with a plan can beat geniuses with none."

└─────────❍─────────┘

Sister-School Goodwill Event

With the situation in Kyoto almost resolved, Yaga sensei and Kihara sensei came back to Tokyo and announced the continuation of the events.

"We need a plan," Yume worriedly stated.

The group event required us to compete with the Tokyo group for points by killing curses. We were allowed to sabotage each other or fight, but the main goal would be to score higher by killing off stronger curses. As of now, the ultimate prize was on the semi-first grade curse.

Our group had two second years and three third years. Experience-wise, we had more involvements in combats than the other first years from Tokyo. However, their two second years posed a worrisome threat.

I mean, they're special grades. The title can't be for nothing.

"I have a hunch that Gojo-san and Geto-san will just hunt down all the cursed spirits before we find them," I shared. With Gojo's six eyes to locate them and Geto's curse manipulation technique, it would be easy for them to finish the game in minutes.

"What do we do?", Kurusawa, one of the third year boys, asked. He was an excellent close range fighter, possessing high tactical intelligence in battle. Yes, just in battle.

"Kotone senpai, I think it's best if you handle Haibara," I voiced out. I wasn't well-informed about Haibara's abilities, but Kotone was a good observer with a strong technique. She could easily find a way to counter Haibara's fighting style.

"Got it."

"Kurusawa senpai, Nanami is strong but he often overthinks during battle. You're a fast thinker, so I believe you can outsmart him in many ways," I continued. Our upperclassman gave me a tight nod. "Shoko is a big asset because of her healing technique, so she's usually protected by Gojo-san and Geto-san."

"I'll take care of Geto," Miura, our strongest member, volunteered, smirking to himself.

Yume tugged on my sleeve warily. "We won't have to worry about Geto-kun if Miura senpai guards him, but how can we deal with Gojo-san?"

"We can't," I answered as a matter of fact while sighing comically, "if we play all nice, that is."

──❍──

The group event started as planned. Kotone and Kurusawa were able to take hold of Nanami and Haibara, overpowering them with their combat experience. I watched as Nanami tried to keep up with Kurusawa. Unfortunately, having hesitations every now and then caused him to receive critical blows.