22 - 𝙵𝚕𝚒𝚙 𝚊 𝙲𝚘𝚒𝚗

┌─────────❍─────────┐

"Maybe. Just maybe."

└─────────❍─────────┘

"I wonder how it feels to have your technique," Kotone told Miura, chugging her drink straight out of the bottle

"I wonder how it feels to have your technique," Kotone told Miura, chugging her drink straight out of the bottle. "Mine's like... my blood is connected to the ones I'm manipulating. Image is really important, though. I have to know what I want to make before I create it."

"That sounds just like mine," Miura replied. "I envision what I want others to see and use my cursed energy to build that illusion around them. But whatever, it's still an illusion."

"That's so cool."

"Yume?"

"There's nothing special about me, unlike you, people," she replied, her eyes settling on me for a moment before she went back to smiling for the others.

Eh?

"I just imbue cursed energy to weapons, nothing remarkable."

"You're excellent in archery, don't put yourself down," Miura reassured, glancing at me to continue the conversation.

"As for my case..." I thought for a moment. "My cursed speech is almost the same as other users', but I can activate and deactivate it like there's an inner switch. Sorry, it's hard to explain!"

They chuckled. "It's fine. Sometimes there are parts in our techniques that we cannot explain."

"I have a question, though." Kotone turned her head to me. "I don't really understand the concept of your backfire. You rarely use cursed speech on us. That's related, right?"

Oh...this.

They didn't know, right?

"Well... If I attack curses, the backfire I get is low. If I attack humans, it's a guaranteed hit if they're not protected, but a hit or miss if they are– depending on the strength of their protection," I continued. "But there's an exception. If I command anyone I'm emotionally attached to or someone I believe is innocent, it causes ten times the pain."

Basically, every time I use modified cursed speech, an internal battle between me and myself happens.

"So the only thing that's holding you back is attachment?" Geto spoke up for the first time tonight.

I nodded. "Yeah, attachment and morals. There's great backfire if I command kids."

Suguru might've realized something as his brows knitted together in confusion. "What grade are you?"

"I'm a semi-grade one." Quite embarrassed revealing that myself, I averted my gaze from theirs and awkwardly cleared my throat. "I'll be under observation next month. I might come with Mei-san."