17 - 𝙲𝚑𝚘𝚒𝚌𝚎𝚜 𝙼𝚊𝚍𝚎

┌─────────❍─────────┐

"Fortunate are those who have choices, but more fortunate are those who can choose."

└─────────❍─────────┘

It was all going according to the plan

It was all going according to the plan. With the information Toji got about you, it was fair to say he knew what your biggest weakness was.

You were still too human to be a jujutsu sorcerer, always abiding by your definition of justice and your morals. However, your biggest downfall was your loved ones. You just couldn't set aside your emotions for those people, making Yume, your best friend, the most ideal bait to get you.

He knew he could take you down by surprise, however, if you and Gojo Satoru were in the same place at once, he'd have to choose which one of you to attack first. Neither would give him the advantage, especially since Geto Suguru was also present.

Toji really wanted to give you credits for leaving him with very few options, too bad the encounter back in Riko's school would probably be your last time meeting each other.

──❍──

"Look who's in here," said a taunting voice

"Look who's in here," said a taunting voice. "A damsel in distress."

"Damn it," I cursed when the sting on my throat became more prominent. The inner flesh felt torn, shredded to pieces. My ears were in my own mercy. Each time I swallowed, the pain would travel inwards. I just wanted it to stop, but I couldn't rest yet.

"How did you manage to find us so soon? Young sorcerers these days are quite good."

"I thought this hideout was well-hidden, too. Maybe that Zenin-fucker gave her the address," added another man before he turned to me. "I haven't even had my fun with your little friend here."

When I finally gathered enough strength to look up, a tightly bound Yume came into my view.

"Yume!" My feet sprang to her before I could even think.