36 - 𝙼𝚒𝚗𝚝

┌─────────❍─────────┐

"Set limits with me."

└─────────❍─────────┘

It was the first day of my week-long assessment with Mei regarding the grade 1 sorcerer status

It was the first day of my week-long assessment with Mei regarding the grade 1 sorcerer status. I was also notified that depending on my performance, I might be ranked as a special grade.

It wasn't exactly a good thing since special grades were considered highly powerful defects by the higher-ups. But with the recent damage I caused the clans, my name had been related to the status more frequently.

"So, you and Gojo Satoru are officially a thing now, huh?," Mei smirked.

"Yeah, I guess we are."

"We were only talking about him before the exchange event and now...," she paused, raising a brow at me teasingly.

I just turned my head the other way, ignoring her mischievous comments.

Speaking of.

I miss him already.

Deciding I didn't have to hold back, I took my phone out and sent him a short message.

I miss your voice.

Before I could shove my phone back to my pocket, it suddenly rang, displaying Satoru's name on the screen. I turned to Mei and excused myself before stepping out to take the call.

"Why did you call?"

"You said you miss my voice," his low sleepy voice filled my ears. Shivers ran down my body in surprise while blood rushed up to my cheeks.

"Did you just wake up?"

"Mm."

"I'm sorry. Should I put down the call?"

I heard sheets shuffling from the other line, along with Satoru's dozy whine. "Don't. I wanna talk to you."

"So..."

"Can't I just join you there?," he asked. "It's too long."

Look at this kid.

"It's only for a week. Now, go do something productive and don't annoy Nanami all the time," I lectured.

"Don't you just hate it when someone ruins your plans?," Satoru responded with a chuckle. "Fine. But promise to behave?"

"Shouldn't I be the one saying that?," I countered. "But well, I'll try. Don't blame me if I find someone else more attractive than you."

Satoru scoffed. His sleepy voice faded and was replaced by a doubtful one. "Really? Where can you even find one?"

"There's a lot," I grinned playfully. "It's not like you haven't met Megumi's father. There's also Miura senpai. Even Nanamin would grow up more attractive than you, Gojo-san."