33.5 - 𝚁𝚎𝚍

After the Clan Meeting

"I can't believe I just did that."

I facepalmed. It wasn't in my plans to get into an argument with one of Satoru's relatives. They were more civil and reasonable than my own clan, though. "Your clan head is nice... He gives off that fatherly vibe."

"What's a fatherly vibe?," Satoru looked at me weirdly. "Like how I look when I'm taking care of Megumi?"

"Look at Megumi and see if that's the feeling he gets from you," I rolled my eyes, passing him some cream bread. "You're that one annoying uncle in the father's side at most."

"Me?! Annoying?!"

"Yeah. You. Gojo Satoru."

He smirked. "Okay, Gojo (F/n)."

I gaped at him, processing just how well my name matched his last name.

"Speaking of uncles, his moronic uncle showed up when we were visiting... Yume," I trailed off, sighing at the mention of my late best friend. "That Zenin asked to talk to me, so I sent Megumi and Tsumiki home earlier."

Satoru's smirk melted into a puddle of annoyance. "What? Why would you still talk to him?"

"He said he had something to say. Turned out to be nonsense, though."

"Uh huh? Like what?"

I rolled my eyes, not expecting him to pay so much attention to this. "Like that childish marriage promise I made to him and all those useless stu-"

"Marriage promise?!"

Oh. That slipped off.

"That's back when I was five!," I immediately defended. "It wasn't anything serious, not like a binding vow was made or something. We were just playing."

Uh oh.

Satoru looked unconvinced– no, he looked extremely displeased.

"Oi, why? Stop looking at me like that!"

"I've just been out for a day and my wife's already misbehaving." Satoru smiled, suspiciously sweet. "And now I find out she's bethr-"

"Don't even think about it!" I'd rather jump off a cliff voluntarily than be with that shameless man.

"That was also how you reacted whenever Chiyo senpai brought up our engagement, too," he dramatically exclaimed. "Are you cheating on me, my dear wife? Already? This early in our marriage–"

"Please, I still have standards and dignity! And what marriage are you saying?"

"So I fit in your standards then, darling?"