Chapter Three: Camilo's Tour

Catherine followed the boys and the jaguar through the village. Antonio didn't say much as they walked, he just laid on the back of the jaguar walking with them.

"This is Valentina's Cafe," Camilo explained.

He suddenly became a woman with medium-toned skin, soft, light brown hair and a rather full body.

"She makes the best coffee in all of the encanto," Camilo said as Valentina. "Her son, Juancho, is obsessed with it. He's always carrying a mug. Her husband, Gage." Camilo turned into a balding pale man with a slight gut. "Makes pretty good sancocho but don't let him hear you say that. He makes the best sancocho in all of Encanto!" Camilo had put on a voice and dramatically acted. Bending on one knee and holding a hand to his head.

It made Catherine smile but she was still too afraid and nervous to laugh.

"And right across the street is their top competitor! Jacobo's!" Camilo transformed from one man to another. Taking a dramatic pose.

At that time the real Jacobo walked out.

"Second best coffee in town, but the sancocho is amazing."

"Thank you, Camilo," Jacobo said.

Camilo suddenly turned back to himself and jumped away. Antonio laughed at his brother being startled.

"Camilo! Antonio!"

Catherine and the boys looked at a man with a rather nasally voice that slightly annoyed them, approached them.

"Can you get Luisa, please? I don't know where she is and the donkeys got out again," he said.

"Sure-"

"I can help!" Antonio said and slid off the jaguar. "Stay here, Parce."

The jaguar laid on the ground and Catherine followed Camilo who followed Antonio, who ran towards the mass horde of donkeys spread on the street.

"Hello. My name is Antonio Madrigal. Can you please go back to the barn?" Antonio said to one of the donkeys. It made its loud honking noise back. "Oh! That's not nice at all. I'll tell him for you!"

The donkeys all watched Antonio as he ran back to the man.

"Lando says he and the others will go into the barn again when you change the straw," Antonio said. "You forgot to do it again. But if you change the straw they'll go back for you!"

"Miércoles," the man said and as he hit his head, Camilo ran up to his little brother. 

"Miércoles?" Antonio repeated.

"Hey, Antonio!" Camilo yelled. "Good job with the donkeys, hermanito."

"Why did he say miércoles, Camilo?" Antonio asked.

Even Catherine was confused. She was sure it meant Wednesday. A day of the week. However, Camilo seemed to find it hilarious and embarrassing.

"It's a thing grown-ups say sometimes. Don't say it around Mami," Camilo said. "At least not while I'm around. Come on."

Camilo, Catherine and Antonio returned to Parce the jaguar. Antonio got back on his back the tour returned.

The next place the three of them approached was an obvious church. Camilo became the pastor. A pale-skinned bald man.

"Where Jesus is our saviour and we have his sacrifice to thank for this miracle!" Camilo acted. "The Madrigal Gifts are works of the Lord Saviour." Camilo turned back to himself. "He asks Prima Luisa to move the church every week. I don't know why. I think he's creepy."