Guilt?

Early in the morning Sarakshi rushed back to their home only to witness Siddharth curled up in the corner of their room, wrapped in her shawl and Snow lying beside him.

She ran towards him and kneeled down infront of him. She, with a great difficulty pulled him up and patted his cheeks.

Sarakshi: Siddharth... Sid... Sid enaachu ungaluku???

Siddharth looked at her with half-opened eyes. His eyes shone with relief as she returned, but his heart screamed from the events of the night before. He only wanted her presence, but she wasn't there when he needed her.

Siddharth: Enga pona? En nethu veetuku varla?

Sarakshi: J... J kooda pub le iru... irundhen.. Ungaluku idhu enaachu, Sid?

Siddharth: Ellame mudinjuduchu...

Sarakshi: What??? Enna mudinjuduchu.. nee.. neenga en modhala ipdi irukinga.. Sid enaku bayama iruku.. please enaachu sollunga?

Sarakshi's gaze was drawn to the strangely dormant Snow. Even he seemed melancholy, which scared her. Snow was usually the one to solve their troubles, whether it was by pressing them into a hug or licking their faces. Sarakshi's heart sank as she saw him upset.

Siddharth remained silent.

Sarakshi: Sid... Please edhachu sollunga.

Siddharth took his phone and showed her the articles. Sarakshi widened her eyes in shock and looked at the pale Siddharth, gulping his tears.

Sarakshi: Sid... That's okay. She whispered.

Siddharth slumped against the wall, a single tear streaming from his left eye. Sarakshi despised herself for not being with him all night.

Her emotions roared as she tried to be a responsible sister or a friend to J, but she failed to be Siddharth's girlfriend.

She carefully placed her hand above his, resting her head on his shoulder.

Sarakshi: Sid... I know idhu ungaluku evlo periya vishayam nu.. But trust me.. something big and better is on the way for you.. Ellam seri aagidum ma.. I'm there with you.

Siddharth's eyes were now dripping with tears, which were dripping onto Sarakshi's brow.

Sarakshi raised her head and fixed her gaze on him. She then sat on his lap, her legs on either side of him.

She brushed his tears away with her small thumb as she held his face. She then pressed her cool lips to his burning forehead. Their tears flowed in unison. She kissed his teary eyes slowly. She pressed her lips to his, attempting to soothe his sorrows.

Siddharth, on the other hand, backed away from the kiss. She frowned as a result of this. He wasn't even looking at her. When she realised he wasn't interested in kissing her at the time, her frowning brows arched. She sat alongside him after moving back from his lap.

Siddharth rose up and walked out of the room without saying anything. Sarakshi began to cry uncontrollably after that. She cried as she hugged her knees and reflected on what had occurred.

His dreams were also hers. Their fantasy had been destroyed. She made every effort not to make a sound and choked on her tears.

It was now Snow's turn to console his mother. He yanked her skirt down and motioned for her to take him up.

Snow laid on her chest, blankly. Sarakshi tightened her embrace and cried for a longtime.

She returned to the living room to cook some food because she knew he hadn't eaten anything the night before.