nine

"𝐖𝐡𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐫?"____________________

"𝐖𝐡𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐫?"
____________________

CURRENTLY  MONDAY
                          12:30 am

You were on the rooftop by yourself. Fujita and the others decided they were gonna have lunch in the cafeteria, you didn't want to go in a nosy room with a bunch of other kids so you made up an excuse. Also, tomorrow is when you get to see Noya and the others, due to that random practice match they have with your school. You smiled thinking how excited you would be once they get here.

"Why are you by yourself?" You jumped from the sudden voice, but soon recognized it was just Akaashi. "Sorry about that," Noticing he scare you, he laughed a bit. "Why are you here?" You spoke, your words sounding more mean than you thought. "Oh!—Sorry! I didn't mean it as—" Akaashi interrupted you before you could blabber anymore.

"It's okay, I know you didn't mean to say it like that." He chuckled at your nervous state. You sighed turning yourself towards the gate, looking at the sky. "Oh yeah, I was gonna ask if you wanna meet up after school with some of my friends," you turned to Akaashi who was right by you. "From volleyball?" You asked.

"They do play," says Akaashi, "but they go to a different school." He looked over, the corners of his lips slowly rising. "Sure, why not!" you replied with a shrug. Unknowingly to you, Fukuda was observing everything from afar, silently wishing it was her talking to Akaashi. She originally came to the rooftop to look for you, but she noticed you were already there with Akaashi. When she realized how interested Akaashi was in the conversation, tears threatened to fall from her eyes. Anytime Fukuda talked with him, he'd respond dryly.

So why?

Why isn't he like that with me? Is what Fukuda thought before running out of the door, almost tripping on her way out. "Oh yeah! Be ready to lose tomorrow!" You playfully punched Akaashi on his arm. "You're gonna root for Karasuno instead of your school team?" He dramatically sighed, looking the other way. "I havent even see you play, what if y'all suck?" You crossed your arms over your chest. "And you think we suck?? I don't think I can be your friend anymore." He playfully pouted and stepped away from you. You laughed at his actions.

You noticed that it was time to get back to class, "Wanna walk to class with me?" You smiled, looking Akaashi's way "I was literally gonna ask you first." Akaashi rolled his eyes. "Yeah, sure you were," you chuckled as you both started walking down the stairs. You got at the end of the stairs, you were panting while Akaashi was just looking at you blandly. "How—how the fuck—are you not—out of breath?!" You panted in between words.

"I'm an athlete." He grabbed your hand as he deadpanned. "Let's get going; we're going to be late." The unexpected action caught you off guard, yet you didn't try to pry your hand away. You enjoyed holding his hand even if it was only for a second, and as much as you didn't want to acknowledge it; it made you feel protected. When you finally arrived at class, both of you rushed in. "Does it appear that the pair was too busy with their conversation to attend class?" You shivered as you realized he was still holding your hand, making some students laugh.

You hurriedly drifted away, your gaze cast in the opposite direction. Akaashi's cheeks was flushed with crimson. You and Akaashi took a seat at your assigned seats. It was 30 minutes into class and all of a sudden you felt it was necessary to turn around, and as soon as you did, Fukuda was staring you down. Perhaps Akaashi as well? Whoever it was, she hastily averted her gaze and lowered her head. You pondered for a bit, thinking what that was about.

Akaashi was at volleyball practice, which was about to end in five minutes. Since it was your duty today, you were the only one in the current class cleaning. You turned to see Fukuda, who had a sad expression on her face, as the door opened. "Fukuda!—Are you okay?" You were concerned because she seemed to look numb. Her dark eyes looked into yours as she merely stared at you. "I know it's strange, but..." You cocked your head to look at her, your brow furrowed.

"You and—Akaashi," You didn't understand what she was trying to say. "Akaashi and I what?" you just stood there with a broom in your hand while she talked. You shifted your head to the side. "Are you guys a—?" Before she could even continue the door burst open, interrupting Fukuda. "L/n! "Are you all set to go?" When Akaashi walked in, he looked around to make sure you weren't the only one in the room, of course he noticed you wasn't alone. "Hello, Fukuda," He waved her over with a modest smile, and she, of course, waved back.

"Sorry Fukuda, but can we talk tomorrow?" Nodding, Fukuda sighed. "You should g-go," She stutters. You gathered your belongings and left with Akaashi, leaving Fukuda alone in the room.

"I hate that scumbag."
With tears flowing down her face, Fukuda whispered beneath her breath.

_____________________________

Have a good day/evening/night
Whenever you read this !!<333