twelve

"Practice match"____________________

"Practice match"
____________________

Akaashi had to go warm up with his team. He insisted that you join him, but you refused. Karasuno was the only thing on your mind. You stood by the gate, tapping your foot impatiently, waiting for their bus to arrive.

"y/n?" You raised your head in response to the sudden voice that called your name. "y/n!" It was, of course, Noya. He was sprinting towards you, arms out and a bright smile on his face. "noya!" You smiled as brightly as he did, supporting Noya in your arms as he jumped into them.

"y/n!!" another voice yelled. Hinata being the voice. You also noticed more people approaching you, which turned out to be Yachi, Yamaguchi and Tanaka. You also noticed that they were running with their hands out as well. "Wait a minute—"

The game was about to begin. Even though it was only a practice match, the atmosphere was intense, as if it were a real game. Surprisingly, only a small number of people attended. Fukuda is one of those people. She was sitting across from you, and you were both staring into each other's eyes.

The whistle went off. The first thing that came to mind was akaashi. You've never seen him play, and you honestly thought he wasn't all that good. But boy, were you wrong. Even though you tried to focus on the opposite team, your gaze kept returning to Akaashi. After all, Karasuno was why you came in the first place.

Akaashi tossed the ball into the air, and Bokuto, who arrived shortly after, spiked it right into Tsukishima's hands. This went on endlessly. Fukurodani focusing on those who could barely receive, and Karasuno barely gaining a point. Even if Karasuno was on a losing streak, you could tell they had improved in the weeks you were gone.

A few more sets and the game was over. Karasuno had lost. 20-25. You, on the other hand, didn't seem to mind. You dashed down from the bleachers to meet your friends. "guys! You improved so much!" You jumped on Noya's back while he was talking with Asahi. "Heck yeah we did!" Noya grinned.

"Hey there, kid! I'm glad to see you've been good," you turned around to meet Ukai smiling. "Yeah. though it has been hard adjusting to not seeing you guys." You sighed as you stepped off Noyas back. "It's the same for us! Even Tsuki misses you!" Ennoshita entered the conversation, putting his arm around Tsukishima, who was uninterested.

"Hey y/n! you didn't forget did you?" A voice from behind spoke out. that voice being sugawaras. "forget wh-" Before you could even finish your sentence, sugawara put you in a headlock. "About fighting you of course! You thought you could get away with talking to your upperclassman like that?" He ruffled your hair, as you tried scurrying away from him.

"Im not sorry either old man." You stuck your tongue out. Everyone was either laughing or trying to stop sugawara from killing you. Though, you were genuinely happy. You were glad to see your friends again.

Finally, you managed to escape Sugawara's clutches. As you listened to Ukai speak, you brushed yourself off. "The bus will be here soon, so let's get ready to go." You sighed as the team began to pack. "Can't you just stay for a little while?" Ukai chuckled as he patted your head. "I'm sorry kid, but our schedule is a little tight." He sighed and began packing his belongings.

You said your goodbyes to everyone and stood there watching their bus drive away. "Man, it's getting late." You checked your phone's time, which was currently 6:35. You adjusted your bookbag strap and began walking home.

CURRENTLY
8:46 pm

hey l/n:) you saw the match today? you went home early, i was too busy helping cleaning up

hey l/n:)
you saw the match today?
you went home early, i was
too busy helping cleaning up

yeah i seen it!
tbh i did not expect
y'all to be THAT good

you were doubting us that
much? :(

i mean.. YEAH??
honestly thought you were
all bark and no bite 💀

right, but this isn't what
i wanted to talk about rlly

oh? what is it then?

what happened between you
and fukuda earlier..?

oh that?? nothing happened?

l/n come on, she obviously
said something. i told you to tell
me if she does something

okay okay.
she said that i was taking you
away from her and
that she hates me AND
that i better stay away from you

she threatened you?

i guess? idrk
anywho it's not like it's
your problem. i told you,
she won't do anythinggg

why do you seem so sure?
she literally told you all of that today
bc of ME. if anything this is my
problem

it's not tho😭? this is a
fukuda problem. and fukuda
needs to get it together
read

________________________________

HII! i'm on spring break rn so hopefully i'll be publishing more
but i literally hate this chapter sm, i had no idea what to write.
ALSOO angst coming soon😈😈😈

thank you for reading!
have a good day/evening/night, whenever
you're reading!<333