11 | Déjà vu

*trigger warnings* - mentions of rape, anxiety, self-depreciating thoughts and PTSD.

"I need you to breathe life into me again."
- e.k.

G A B R I E L

G A B R I E L

"I didn't mean to do that. This- It was a mistake."

The words rang through my ears as I hurried through the halls of the school, the walls caving on me, shrinking. With my lips burning from the feel of Serenity's mouth, I struggled to breathe. I couldn't do it. Every time I tried, I felt my body begin to tremble.

Was it out of fear? I thought it was at first, but why was I the one scared? Serenity should've been scared. I forced her to kiss me. Why would I do that? Why- Dammit, my head was spinning, and I wanted it to stop. I wanted everything to stop.

What the hell had happened?

I held her face up to me, relishing in the softness beneath my palms. Her soft breaths tickled my mouth, and I couldn't think of anything else but Serenity. We had our eyes closed, yet her angel eyes were all I could see. I needed her to kiss me. She'd make me forget everything, even if it's just for a second. I wanted to kiss her. I wanted to show her how much her words meant to me, and how much she was beginning to mean to me.

An angel. She was my peace. Her words were my peace when everyone else's was a cluster of chaos in my mind. Serenity spoke to me because she said she liked me. She wanted to. No one else did, and it hurt like fuck, stuck in my own mind. It was exhausting having no one but yourself to speak to. I was so tired.

Ren's nose brushed against mine, and I heard her breaths pick up. She was so cute, even more so with her face in my hands and her lips so close to mine. So, so close, I could almost feel them. I was so desperate to kiss her, it hurt to stand there and wait. But I had to.

I slammed a hand to my chest, needing to remove the sweater I wore. It was suffocating me, and I still couldn't fucking breathe. My eyes searched the halls, almost empty beyond the few students making their way to the next class.

She was late for class, and it was my fault. Everything was my fault. I went to the football bonfire, I was nice to the woman I thought was beautiful, I let her befriend me, I let her touch me. I let her hurt me. And, to this day, I struggled to say it out loud. That she took away what I wanted to save, to give to the future love of my life.

Through my blurry vision, I spotted a familiar blonde-haired guy. I wanted to cry at the sight of him. Nicandro. "Nico," I called out to him, my voice not sounding like my own. "Nico."

Don't go, don't go, don't go.

"Nico," I tried again and felt my heart squeeze when he stopped moving.