19 | Light My Love

tw: talk of body image in the last part

"Simple touches, how beautiful are our blushes."

- e.k.

S E R E N I T Y

S E R E N I T Y

Gabriel was taking me to a concert.

He didn't give away why he suddenly felt like taking me on a short one hour trip to see an upcoming band called Achille's Voice play live. It made him happy, though, so I didn't mind. The smile he had on his lips the entire drive there made me giddy. Seeing Gabe happy was special to me, especially after knowing half of what he'd been through. Being able to smile as much as he did all the time made him so strong in his heart that I wanted to protect it forever.

"I don't think I've ever heard of Achille's Voice before," I told him when we were on the highway.

"They're pretty good. I first heard them cover a few 'The 1975' songs. A few of their original ones are going to be played tonight. Some cover songs, too," Gabe turned his head to face me for only a second, and I saw a smirk growing on his lips.

"Any songs I know?" I nudged his arm with mine.

"Maybe," He shrugged, and our skin touched again.

Gabe welcomed it. In fact, a few minutes later, he reached his hand out to hold mine and squeezed it every now and then, engulfing mine, like how I felt his affection for me engulf my heart.

He parked in a crowded parking lot, lucky enough to find an empty space the moment we got there. The football stadium in town was used as a ground for a band concert for the first time, and it excited us both. Being where Gabe felt most comforted made all my worries disappear. He took us here for a good time, and we were going to enjoy it.

"I got you something," Gabe told me, sounding a little nervous when we got out of the car. He walked to my side, opened the door and held my hand the whole time.

I furrowed my eyebrows when he dug something out from the pocket of his jacket. After a few seconds, a chocolate bar was handed to me, and I smiled brightly at it. That had been the first thing he ever gave to me, and now it was becoming our thing. White chocolate. I chuckled at it while taking it from his hand, thanking him. Another moment later, as we neared the stadium and the loud chatter of a forming crowd, Gabe took something else out of his pocket, keeping it clutched in his hand tightly.

"I asked Indigo for your ring size a few days ago because I didn't want to ask you. It would've given this away," Gabriel spoke in a quiet voice, exposing his shyness when he presented me with a small navy blue box.

My eyes widened at the sight of it. He was spoiling me with too much - his presence, the concert, chocolate and whatever was in the tiny box.

"Dawn said you were into jewellery. She said, when you were younger, you used to make your own rings and necklaces from beads, and I can definitely see that in my head," Gabe turned to face me, stopping us before the stadium.