14 | Sick to the Stomach

*trigger warnings* gore. panic attack. (first part of the chapter)

"If I cannot have you under the stars of this sky,"
- e.k.

G A B R I E L

G A B R I E L

"Hm, so playing on the field with you friends - that's your escape?" she asked with a slight curve of her lips. She was enjoying this conversation, learning about me.

"Yeah. It's like I'm completely in my element, you know? And I feel so safe, not a worry in the world. My mind is too busy trying to calculate my teammates and the people I'm playing against. I'm too focused on winning, and on the field, it's the best mindset." I replied, watching her teeth appear from beneath her red lips. That was her colour. Red.

She wore it on her clothes, smudged it neatly on her face, painted it on her nails, bled in through my chest. My chest burned.

I looked down, finding blood on my skin, dripping from carved wounds. What happened? Why was I bleeding? I tried to read what the word on my chest read, feeling a wave of panic plunge me into a cold ocean of thoughts.

'Z.T.'

Zandra Talleni. My breath hitched in realisation. She branded me. She carved her name into me, claiming me as her own. One of her victims. I was for her and no one else. And she was going to be back for me.

"Why do you look so sad?" Her sweet, innocent voice cooed when I glanced up, clutching my chest as it bled.

She held a silver knife. It had a small heart engraved at the handle, and my own heart almost stopped at the sight of it. I was dreaming, wasn't I? No. No, this wasn't a dream. I'd been here before.

"You're mine forever now, Gabriel. There is nothing to be sad about."

I thought I whimpered, too scared to do anything as she pulled out her gun. My hands fell to the concrete ground, its coldness keeping my eyes open and giving me enough strength to push myself back, away from the gun.

"Don't worry, precious boy. I'll be back for you. I won't be gone too long, I swear on it."

A horror-filled scream woke me up. My eyes didn't even get the chance to blink as I shot up into a sitting position on my bed, holding onto my chest so tight, it felt like I was being held underwater.