Wine County

Cordelia

I was just after 6 and I desperately needed a shower. I stood under the hot water cascading down my back for minutes lost in thought. I then reached for the strawberry shampoo and lathered it through my hair. The scent immersing me and making me feel content.

I put on a little makeup, straightened my hair, and wore a black silk dress paired with a small pair of black sparkly heels.

I whipped out my laptop from my work bag and did a little prep for my client tomorrow.

I heard the door unlock and Marcus shouting "Hi, babe."

I walked down to greet him, and he dropped his belongings, picked me up and buried his face into my neck pushing me against the wall.

"I missed you last night." His words muffled against me.

He placed me down stood back and devoured me with his stare. "You look so fucking sexy. I'm going to run up and change, babe. I'll be quick."

My lips curled into a smile as trouble danced in his eyes.

I loved him so much. He always looked so hot in a suit. Black was his colour. His dark brown hair that looked black in certain lights and his deep brown eyes complemented the colour well.

**

"We're taking the bike, babe." He cooed.

"I have a dress on and heels!" I said mid laughing and also being serious.

"You can drive the bike then." He laughed as my expression fell.

"Marcus!"

His bike made me feel alive. It was an adrenaline rush I lusted for. But tonight, I wanted to be girlie and feel pretty. Fuck it. I would be hot.

"Hold my waist tight. You're in for a ride, love." I demanded.

Marcus fastened the helmet that covered my whole head but it had a removable shield to breathe and see out of. He squeezed my waist tight letting me know he was ready and a small gesture at me for playing him at his own game.

"Just left here." He instructed.

"A Thai restaurant. Nice choice, love."

His lips curled at the side, and he hit my ass as I stepped off the bike.

**

"Can we please have 2 bottles of wine. One red and one white. One merlot and a Pinot Grigio and a jug of water." Ohh he's drinking tonight. Each incident he has hit me he's been drunk so I'm a little apprehensive.

"Let me tell you about this deal. It is part of a space research team. An avenue I've never taken before. But I'm willing to invest. You'll love my partner. He's got his head on right and knows how to play his cards. I wasn't even looking for another partnership, but I guess life is full of surprises."

"That sounds interesting." I just hope he isn't getting in too deep for his depth. Marcus is intelligent but he balances so many things at once. I don't know how the man functions. He's a machine.

"Madame what wine would you like?" An older woman held both to the table.

"Just water, please." That was a bit awkward. Marcus liked his wine, and the 2 bottles could've easily signalled to the women the both of us were drinking. But unfortunately, I'm a raging alcoholic.

"And you sir?"

"Red, please."

"So, I really wanted to talk to you about something important." His husky voice sent chills down my body. Oh shit. Did he know?