Chaos

Axel

The vein in my hands, forehead and fucking all over my body pulsated with fury.

The phone still remained sat in my hand, but I quickly crushed it losing myself to my emotions.

I knew I needed to get Valentine. She was the only one who would have a clue where Del could be.

I grabbed one of my many sets of car keys and rang her until she answered on the fourth dial.

She sounded out of breath and now agitated. "What the fuck is it? I'm busy."

"He's got her."

She went silent and her breathing got shallow and scratchy.

"Valentine." I called.

"She was just with us this morning. How did this happen?"

"Val." I interrupted her.

"He wouldn't do this. Would he? How could he do this?"

"Val!" I demanded.

"He is an evil prick, but he isn't a lunatic. Surely?"

"Valentine." I prodded in a softer tone.

"Where could she be? Where would he take her?"

"I have an idea. Pick me up now. Me and Aiden will help." She ended the call and the phone went dead.

I then darted to my car soaring through every red light and nearly running over every civilian in the meanwhile.

I looked at Val as she and Aiden scurried to the car.

"What the fuck are you wearing?" – She wore over the knee black boots paired with black leather shorts, a tank top and a mini bikers jacket.

Aiden glanced me a look as if to say don't ask.

He in the passenger seat and Val in the back navigating.

"It's for the occasion." Val liked to downplay situations and honestly it was a skill that kept my nerves and anger at bay.

"Kidnapping?" I scolded her. Trying to make light of a very dark situation.

She motioned a hand to excuse me.

"Where is she?"

"Okay. I have a wild guess. But it's the only one that makes a little sense in a situation like this. Cordelia and Marcus met in more depth - 7 years ago. Anyways, he took her to a cabin an hour away from here. It is in the middle of nowhere. It is so desolate and it is off the grid. She even went to the extent to tell me if I wanted to be invisible but still on the map just untraceable this was it. We aren't going to get there with a satnav. We need a map, and we need to calculate the permitter in which she is in. I should mention she once tried to take me, but we couldn't find it. It's hidden but in plain sight on your arrival. It is isolated and bleak yet has all and everything you will need to survive."

"Why did he take her there?" I turned around and faced Val and uncertainty covered her expression and her façade dropped.

"Just drive." Her voice was close to breaking down and it echoed through me and I hit in reverse, gripped the wheel and pressed down until it wouldn't go down any further, and drove.

"I don't know. Del told me it was her escape from the world."

"What do you mean Valentine?" My voice grew stronger.

"Her stepdad." Her voice broke through silent tears and sniffles.

"Elaborate." I replied bluntly.

"She's trying her best." Aiden spoke when she was slow to reply.