Every flower must grow through the mud to blossom as do we

Marcus

7 years ago

Her touch made me feel alive.

What the hell did Corel want. Ugh.

I jogged down the stairs because he sounded worried on the phone.

As I made my way to the bottom step I halted. I spotted our rivals. Shit. I shouldn't have brought her here.

Corel and Ivan looked at me for direction but there were 3 of us and a school of them.

Fuck.

We left them in pretty bad shape last time. They aren't good news and they don't care what mess they leave. Because daddy's money solves all of their problems. They are above the law with influence and money. They have connections and so do we. However, we aren't above the fucking law. But whatever we say means nothing compared to whatever they say. It overrules everything. They get away with groping girls, drugging them and we taught them a lesson once. Now they were here for payback. I couldn't do this not now. We knew who hosted the party, however, we weren't best buds. This whole house was full of people outside town, and it wasn't our turf.

"Hey, Marcus." Aaron the leader of the pack said.

"You're looking better than the last time I saw you." I retorted. He could barely walk when we left him. Rumours were going round he had broken an arm, but it was just speculation.

Ivan and Corel flanked me. One at either side. I glanced briefly at the stairs not drawing much attention but just hoping Del wouldn't come down.

We know how to fight but Jackie Chan would be at a loss at this one.

I knew how this would play out after a few words were thrown back and forth at each other and I knew time wasn't in our favour.

Anger coursed me. He had just ruined a moment with me and Del.

I clenched my jaw and gripped my fists sweat coating my back. I aimed for his jaw not wasting a second and slammed my shot. He tumbled back into his friends arms, and I looked over at Corel to grab Del who had picked up where I was and with who. Ivan was quickly retrained by 2 guys holding his arms behind his back. A few others ran up the stairs after Corel and I was in a standoff with fucking Aaron.

In the corner of my view, I saw Del acting as a bystander on the top step while Corel stood by trying to take the few guys coming at him one after another. She was smart. Element of surprise is all we have in store. Corel took a few hits and then she jabbed the blonde in the neck. He stumbled and then fell on the steps. Okay, they knew she was with us now. Fuck.

Aaron's eyes were distracted by Del, so I ran into him. Taking him out with every ounce of strength I had. We both tumbled to the ground. I fell on top of him, and he was quick to react and punched me on the cheek. Little shit that stung good. My head spun but I got to my feet and tried to hold my stance again.

"Get them both." His head tilted to Corel and Del and his guys piled up the stairs.

"Run!" I shouted to them. They could maybe take 1 or 2 but 4 was pushing it.

I would kill them. If they hurt, her. We needed to leave now.

Aaron just laughed and before I could even understand what was so amusing, I got smacked over the back of my head and lost my footing sending me into a spiral of darkness.

**

My head was aching, and blood dripped down my forehead. My vision started to come back into focus again and I saw Corel and Ivan and Del sitting on sunbeds. Was I dreaming? What the fuck. I was situated at the top of the pool end, and I tried to hold my head still to concentrate, but my hands were tied with rope. They came prepared. Bastards. Ivan on the long side of the pool nearest me with Corel then Del all with their hands bound on sunbeds. Aaron's laughter drilled through me, and he was sitting on the edge of a sunbed across from me at the other side of the pool drinking beer and his buddies loitered around him.