Revenge isn't always in the plans

WARNING: This chapter contains the talk of domestic abuse - EXPLICIT DETAIL! Read at your own risk.

Marcus

7 years ago

Del was best friends with my little brother, Noel. But when she came over to our house, she was always so shy around me. I used to think she didn't like me but now I realised maybe I reminded her of her stepdad or maybe she just didn't trust as easily as the next person. Nevertheless, she always caught my eye. Her dark luscious hair and the scent of rain that always sprayed off her. I used to think how simple life must've been for her and Noel, but I didn't look much deeper than the surface and I would live with that mistake and take it to my grave. Because if I knew a second sooner I would've acted much quicker.

I would seek him out and fuck him up. He abused her and I didn't fucking notice. It made my skin burn with fury and rage and all I could vision was his face in my head. I had seen him a few times around town and his face reminded me of dirt and filth and I couldn't wait to break him and make him pay for the torment he caused. Fuck. I slammed my hand into the wall several times calming my anger. My fist burned but that wasn't what was bothering me, but my chest that ached with the pain of her. She was so close yet so far away. She was at my fucking kitchen table battling the scars under her shirt and I didn't see the signs. I didn't clock the fuck on.

It hurt so much because Del was always so sweet and pure and over the years, she was shaky, she was nervous, and I discounted it or found something else to blame it on when everything was plain as day, I was just looking at the wrong chapter.

I couldn't take him on myself. I mean I could. I knew how to fight but I didn't just want to fight. I wanted to destroy him. Take away every piece of sanity he had left and turn it into turmoil and then light it on fire but not kill him because that would be a sentence too easy. I wanted him to soil his underwear when he left the house when he left his bedroom. I wanted to be his worst nightmare and I wanted to cause him so much despair for every second he made Cordelia feel less than she was because she deserves everything.

She deserved to be loved. She deserved to feel safe. She deserved to have a family. And all she had was strength and Noel, but strength is something that can only last so long. It has an expiry date like most things in life do.

3 years. She suffered for 3 years and my biggest concern was her coming over and acting off when she had every right to act in the manner she did. I was so blind, and I wanted her to know that she would never feel that anguish again.

I knew the pain was the easiest part. The mindfucks were the hardest.

**

A few weeks later I planned my attack.

I rallied up my boys. Corey and Ivan. My closest friends.

It was easy to persuade them because we always had each other's backs, and this infuriated them too, so they were in for sweet revenge. But nothing was sweet about this. Everything was filthy and destroyed. Her innocence and purity gone. The hope she once held onto no longer there. Her dreams and aspirations limited.

The monster was hidden in plain sight, and he had been getting away with murder for years and the thought made my blood boil and my stomach summersault.

The last few days felt like years waiting and planning to seek out my vengeance, but I couldn't wait any longer and tonight was the night I would rein act my master plan. I would gain so much pleasure in his screams and cries because in every whine and howl he made I would picture Del in agony with no way out and terrified in fear.

I wanted him to lose the power he once felt he had, and I wanted him to be on his knees begging for her forgiveness even though I knew fine well she would never forgive him but still I was wanting him to work and slave away for her forgiveness for the rest of his god damn life and I wanted it to be the bane of his existence.