Evil perpetuates

Cordelia

The hum of the air ventilation and the busy street life outside my window sprung me to life.

I reached over the side table and unplugged my phone to check the time. 11.49am. Ugh.

I flicked over the duvet to try to trick my mind into getting me up and ready for whats rest of the day.

My stomach roared with hunger, and I needed caffeine, so I made my way down the hall and to the kitchen. Val had slept in another bedroom last night and was probably still asleep.

Axel sat at the kitchen table with his laptop placed in front of him and his phone to his ear.

"Get it sorted. You have 48 hours! Don't make me regret hiring you." He growled.

"Morning, love. Did you sleep well?" He held my gaze. He then made his way to the kitchen.

He wore a black v neck plain t-shirt and black pants hanging low on his waist.

I yawned and quickly covered it with my hand. "Morning. I had a great sleep, thanks. I didn't even take a sleeping pill."

"You normally take sleeping pills?" He inquired.

"Ye. Every night usually. It seems to be the only thing that helps."

"What would you like to eat?" He asked.

"I can get something." I retorted.

"No, please sit. Let me. Do you like avocado and eggs on toast?"

"That sounds amazing." The thought of that made my stomach do somersaults.

"I have to go to work for a couple of hours at some point today. Do you need anything whilst I'm out? I'm going to grab a few things from the shop anyway."

"I'm fine, thank you."

He placed a cup of coffee in front of me of his own accord and I smiled in gratitude. The scent perpetuated me with energy.

"You don't want cookies for another movie night. Or popcorn. Or tampons?"

I laughed and nearly choked on my coffee. He does really think of everything. "I think Val has packed enough tampons for a year. Cookies sound good though."

"Cookies are at the top of my list. Any preference? Double chocolate? Milk or dark or white chocolate. And now they even do chocolate bar-inspired cookies like caramel or crunchies cookies. The selection is vast."

I chucked. "Surprise me."

"You have placed a lot of pressure on my shoulders but only if, you're sure." I laughed at his silliness.

The storm he was cooking up smelt incredible. I could get used to this.

Val made her way into the kitchen and plopped into a seat at the end of the table nearest her.

"O my God. That smells so good." Val interjected.

"Would you like some?" Axel smiled.

"Yes, please."

Val still wore her pjs just like me.

"I'm going to Aiden's tonight. You can stay at mine if you want though? You know my house is just as much as it is yours."

"Please stay here. I enjoy your company." I was hoping Axel would say that because I wasn't wanting to leave anytime soon but I also didn't want to overstay my welcome.

"Are you sure?"

"Of course."

Valentine giggled and smirked.