Retrieving Gems and Fears

(POV:Reader)

We had finally reached our destination, although the chief was not fully there, only her skeleton, with her hands clutching the gem piece tightly. She sat inside a tree trunk type of throne, with the small orange leaves covering the top branches and others slowly falling down.

-"I'd say we found the Tail chief," Ray stated bluntly.

-"What happened to her?" Sisu asked, quite shaken.

-"From the looks of it, she was hoarding the gem, and became a victim of her own traps" he answered.

-"Well, you got to admire her commitment" Sisu responded, trying to keep the optimistic thought.

Ray took his sword out and let it extend to attach to the other side onto the ceiling. Sisu was going first, we thought just in case she didn't want to go through with it we could push her. And we did, her loud scream was heard as she swung from the sword handle to the other side. She made it across and I realized something that I had forgotten. I had a terrible fear of heights, I looked down and suddenly the floor looked higher and the hole looked deeper and deeper. Ray pulled me to come forward.

-"Come on let's go" he said, holding my hand while I backed away slowly, also shaking my head.

-"Y/n? What's wrong?"

-"Ummm...nothing, nothing" I sighed out, and took his hand dreading the upcoming moments.

-"Okay, hold on" he said, I wrapped my hands around his waist tightly, not wanting to fall or let go, and closed my eyes.

We swung across, and landed. I opened my eyes a bit and saw Ray staring at me and letting out a small laugher.

-"W-why are you laughing?" I trembled out.

-"Your afraid of heights aren't you, I completely forgot, I'm sorry"

-"H-how did you..."

-"It doesn't matter, come on," he said, smirking, which caused me to pout, but we moved on.

-"Sisu! Don't!" Ray warned and grabbed a long, thin tree branch and broke it in half fixing the pieces in a way to let us retrieve the gem.

He placed the gem into Sisu's paws that now turned into hands. The gem had given her powers to shapeshift, and she was now human with hair the colors of her used to be fur. She talked excitedly about her sister Prane, which was a vaguely familiar name, while Ray asked her questions. We agreed that it was going to be easier to find the gems now but also harder because the other chiefs were...you know alive.

-"The rest of them are going to be a bit harder, their being held by a bunch of no-good binturi's"

-"Binturi?" a familiar voice questioned which caused all three of us to turn around in surprise.

(A/N):

I have very good news! I'm about done with the Alice in Wonderland Story, should be able to start publishing it once this one is complete!

Would you guys like a Zootopia story?

I watched the movie today and got really excited about writing it! If I were to do it I'd still keep Judy just so you know.

I hope you enjoyed the chapter!

Bye!