Trip to Spine

(POV:Reader)

-"Thanks for the new customers!" Boun's voice beamed with excitement, while he stirred a pot of something with a sweet scent.

-"Yeah, I sort of promised to buy them all the congee they could eat"

-"Well, were stuck with them for a while...'cause ongis have 9 stomachs"

-"Oh toi" Ray sighed and he sat down eating his dried jackfruit.

-"Oh! Here Boun I got you some gifts at the market!" I gave him one of the baskets I had that was filled with vegetables, spices and meats.

-"And this one's for you Ray" I gave him the small basket filled with fruit and took away the Jackfruit he was eating, and threw it out of the boat.

-"Hey! I was eating that" Ray exclamied, annoyed at my actions.

While he waited for my response a piece of shrimp was thrown at him, looking up the baby and ongis were making a mess of things while Boun tried his hardest to not lash out. I called their attention and suggested they play hide-and-seek, Ray started a countdown and they ran hiding in every direction. I continued counting and began to quiet down my voice to a whisper, until I wasn't counting any longer. I joined Sisu by the edge of the boat moments after Ray had.

-"Remind me to never have kids" I huffed out and leaned against Ray's shoulder.

-"Being people is hard," Sisu replied, hugging her knees tightly.

-"Yep" Ray replied,  half laughing.

Sisu had seen how the world was...broken, the way we lie and steal to get what we want. The way we are willing to put others in danger easily for our own needs. 

Ray's negativity about the world continued and Sisu's optimism fought back, even though she had just experienced the negativity of the world first hand. I had been living through the whole thing, and to me it didn't seem like the world was as broken as it did feel now. My thoughts were interrupted as Ray voiced raised slightly.

-"And I did! And you know what happened?"

-"We got kicked in the back by someone who gave her a gift, someone we trusted"

-"Look around! We're a world of orphans because people couldn't stop fighting over a gem"

-"Wanna know why the other dragons didn't come back! It's because people don't deserve them!" Ray's voice sounded disappointed, his eyes read sadness and hatred for what the world had become.

-"But you can change that" Sisu's voice was assuring, but not enough, we had broken the world and it wasn't getting better.

-"No, Sisu, I am done trying. Kumandra is a fairy tale, the only thing important to me now is bringing my Ba back and protecting Y/n" Sisu 's face fell as she let the harsh words sink in, while my cheeks blushed pink.

-"Kumandra was something the world once was, we may not be able to get it back to the same state, but we can try" I side hugged Ray in assurance and stared at the water.

-"Umm...I think we're in Spine" we all turned to look at the tall trees and fog built up at the bottom.

My 'encouraging words' must have not worked, because a soon as we tied the boat down Sisu ran out taking a pot of congee.

-"Hey, my congee!"

-"Sisu! Don't go anywhere, I'll be right back" Ray ran after Sisu leaving me in the boat once again.

-"Great! With both of them angry they're gonna get caught!" I mumbled frustrated and picked up a bow and arrow we had laying around.

-"I'll be back, I need to make sure they don't get caught. If we don't come back in...two hours you can come find us, alright?" they gave me a quick nod and I quietly walked in search of them.

(A/N):

I have two things to say: 

-One I finished my school testing and stuff, so I'm going back to the updating once a day.

-And two, thank you so much for the views and followers, I'm really grateful for it! I'm glad you guys like the stories, it encourages me to write more and faster! 

Actually there another thing, I started on the Tangled story(it was requested by someone), I have about 6-7 chapters done, so it should be done a bit into publishing the Alice in Wonderland story.

I hope you enjoyed the chapter!

Bye!