Arriving at Talon

(POV:Reader)

Night had descended, the Druun were all around us, The only reason they didn't get closer was the water distance between us. My body felt tired. I turned to Sisu and saw her fast asleep, 'She must be tired too' I thought and sat down by the edge of the boat and laid my head on the light wood frame. Looking at the fireflies that flew by and the dark purples and blacks that consumed our surroundings.

The low growling of the Druun, and the boat slowly rocking in the water were just making me more tired by the minute. The only thing I didn't understand was why I was so tired. Everyone else except Sisu seemed fine, it always seemed that I got tired easily when the Druun were around. It was as if it was consuming and slowly taking away my energy to grow bigger.

I laughed to myself quietly, I must be insane to think that the Druun would take away my energy. Ray and everyone else seemed fine, I'm just really tired that's all. I thought some more and realized that I had been fine for years, it was up until recently when we 'broke the world' that my body had felt broken too. Tired too easily, constant headache and feeling sleepy had consumed me, leaving me with a feeling of uselessness, as I couldn't do as much as before. The deeper the thoughts got the more empty I felt inside, until I hushed them, and fell asleep letting my aching body rest, from an eventful day.

-After a Small Nap-

Someone shaking my shoulder lightly had awoken me. I opened my eyes and saw Boun shaking my shoulder. I looked around and saw Sisu running off into the distance.

-"W-where is everyone?" I yawned out.

-"Ray and Tuk Tuk left to find the gem piece, and Sisu went to get a gift for the chief" Boun replied.

-"But she doesn't have any money"

-"She's an adult, she can put it on credit"

-"T-that's not how it works, kid, you need to be really close with people to use credit"

-"Okay, stay here I'm gonna save Sisu and then get Ray and come back...hopefully in one piece" I assured him, although I was assuring myself more than him.

-"Sounds like a plan" he shrugged and went back to cooking.

I walked around looking for Sisu or Ray, but also enjoying the night market. I bought a few things for Boun as a gift for his hospitality and made my way to the commotion. They talked about someone using credit, which meant Sisu was nearby. I looked and asked around until someone pointed to some gates. Walking over there my headache came back and my body felt weaker and weaker.

Sisu was there trapped on the other side of the gate with guards and a little old lady blocking her from coming in, and to both of our dismay a Druun standing really close to her. Sisu looked like she was going to pass out, so I had to come up with a plan, execute it exactly and do it fast.

I quietly knocked out one guard then the other and moved slowly into taking the gem the old lady had, but that was until Ray showed up and saved the day. He grabbed my arm pulling me onto Tuk Tuk, then flashed the gem piece he had just stolen towards the Druun and gave it to Sisu. Smoke covered the whole scene giving us the distraction we needed to escape.

Finally making it onto the boat Sisu collapsed and I clutched my head that felt like swords were digging in. I sat on a chair and closed my eyes trying to calm myself down and concentrating on the cold breeze that passed by. It didn't last long though, my sweet silence was soon interrupted...

(A/N):

I won't be able to post until Thursday, I apologize in advance. I have two major tests, Tuesday and Wednesday. I'm really sorry!

I hope you enjoyed the chapter!

I finished the Alice in Wonderland and I'm working on Tangled story someone requested, feel free to requests stories!

Bye!