The Downpour

Sunday arrived and I was so anxious for the arrival of my furniture. I stood at the entry of my front door staring at the large boxes that sat in the living room. Goodness, I have no clue where to begin. I decided on tackling the largest task of all, the bed frame. It was broken down into parts leaving me to drag each piece in to the bedroom separately. Eventually I got it figured out and assembled it. I began assembling the rest of the furniture which took all day, I even got the door repainted. After it was all put together, I stood back admiring the labor I had just put into this project. After a few minutes of wondering what I might be able to add to make it feel more personalized, I just decided to sleep on it since tomorrow was my first day of classes. I was so excited and nervous at the same time. I quickly got ready and hopped into my new bed, the mattress engulfed my body. The way the soft foam took the shape of my form as I sank into it, it was the most relaxing feeling and in no time, I was asleep dreaming of the possibilities of what tomorrow may bring.

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock blazing in my ear, longing for more sleep I knew that once I got up, I would be too excited to even think about it. I sat on the edge of the bed for a few moments before taking in a deep breath to start off the day. I got up and got ready, just the casual pair of pants, and another random band t-shirt that hung in my closet. I gathered all of my things and walked out the door. I figured a walk would be nice and I was early so I had time to spare.

I eventually made it to campus, and it as soon as I walked in, I felt as though I were in an ancient castle. The way everything was placed felt so royal. I felt so proper. I started the day off with a good class, Bio physics. The rest were just normal classes that I was required to take, until the last class. I walked in and was immediately met with a heavy stare, and to my surprise it was him. Mystery man, in the flesh. AGAIN!? Of course, this would happen to me. Luckily, I got past him before he could say anything. I tried to take a seat on the very back of the room, but it was quickly filled, leaving me no choice but to sit in front. I walked up the carpeted floor, keeping my head down. I sat closer to the podium where the man stood. I can't believe he's, my teacher. The man began taking roll of the class, I was dreading my name to be called. 

He called my name 5th to last, and as his eyes scanned the room, I raised my hand and said present, and his gaze snaped towards me. His eyes widened slightly, and he gave me a small, friendly smile. As he finished roll call, he started off the class by introducing himself.

"Welcome to Atomic Physics, I am Dr. Otto Octavius, and I am pleased to see so many of you here today, let's begin, shall we?" 

The class began taking their notes out and following what the Doctor was writing on the board in the middle of the lecture hall. This was one of the classes I was really looking forward to possibly getting an internship in, and now I sort of already knew my teacher, this was going to be great, kind of...

The class went by at a decent pace and before I knew, the end of class had rolled around. 

"And remember the paper is due Thursday, there will be no late exceptions," Octavius spoke, clearly addressing his authority.

I began packing up for the day and I turned my back to him and started for the door.

"Ahh, Miss L/n please stay behind for a moment." He spoke.

I stopped in my tracks and clenched my jaw. I turned around and began up the lecture hall stairs. When I turned to his sight, I gave a wide smile.

"This is just our luck, huh?" I spoke while swaying my arms from the front position I had them in.

Octavius gave a chuckle, "Yes, I suppose it is." he took a step closer to me.

He fixed his posture and cleared his throat, "Well, I won't keep you long, I just wanted to say welcome."