Every second counts

I woke up pretty early since me and Otto were meeting for breakfast. Just thinking about seeing him made my stomach flutter, I guess now that I have admitted my true feelings to myself that I have for him, I feel much better about everything, and I am really excited to see him. I was feeling super confident today, so I threw on a really nice, expensive shirt and pair pants. When I got there, I looked around for him, but he wasn't there so I sat down after ordering breakfast for the two of us and just read while I waited for him. A about 15 minutes later I started getting very nervous. I thought he wasn't going to show. Did I just get stood up by him, was this about what happened last night, did I do something wrong? I was really hoping I didn't ruin things last night; I really liked him and didn't want to see him leave. Then, as I was sitting with my back turned, I heard the bell ring, and someone walked in. I turned around and it was Octavius, finally. My heart skipped a beat when I saw him.

"Sorry I'm late dear, I had a few errands to run," he seemed out of breath, his hair was slightly out of its usual, neat place, a few strands falling in front of his face. His shirt was slightly wrinkled, and he was clumsy when he sat down, almost falling out of his chair.

"No, don't worry, it's alright." Uhm okay was this man always this fine?

"So, I was thinking that later, sometime this evening you and I will go to this location to see if we are able to get a lead on anything," he spoke.

"Uhm, sure, around what time were you planning on leaving?" I reached for my bag to grab my laptop.

"Not until it's slightly dark out, I don't want to risk being seen." he furrowed his eyebrows at my action.

"Here, give me the coordinates of the location and I'll put them in here to see where the safest place to enter is."

"Oh, alright sure." he grabbed the folded blueprint from his inner coat pocket.

A waiter walked over and handed us our meal.

"What is this?" Otto asked with a big smile on his face.

"I ordered you breakfast," I said proudly.

"Aww, thank you, you didn't have too" he said opening his wallet. "Here," he handed me a 50.

"Goodness no, you keep it," I refused his money.

"Are you sure, I mean it's no trouble really I just-" he spoke in an unsure tone.

"Sir, please, I insist, keep the money, you have done more than enough for me, and this is my way of getting even," I smiled at him.

He finally accepted defeat, "Thank you, dear."

I refocused myself to my computer, "Hm, okay it seems that if we enter here, we will have a direct path."

"Oh, okay I see," he furrowed his eyebrows once more leaning into me as I tried not to smile.

Once we finished breakfast, we just walked around town more, discussing more about Connors, and about each other. Then we went to the library to talk and browse through books. I told Octavius about my 'stepmom'. It made me emotional, I miss my mother, and my father for that matter, but I know I can't see my dad. I may or may not have started crying in front of Octavius.

"...Yeah, back home I only have my father. My mother died about 5 years ago and ever since my father remarried, I can't be home. His wife is very manipulative. One day I snapped, and I told him to choose her or me, and he ended up choosing her, so I left." I felt the feeling in my throat, you know the one you always get before you cry.

"Oh goodness, Y/n, my dear, I'm so sorry,"

"Don't be, I just miss him," Goodness I'm going to lose it. Then before I knew it, I started crying, letting everything that had been kept inside, out.