Coffee?

I woke up to the usual loud, and annoying alarm clock right in my ear. I was excited for another day once again. I got up and got ready like normal, grabbing my school stuff I decided to get breakfast out once more this morning. I was early again so why not. I closed up the house and tried the elevator. After a few moments it arrived, and I got it. Being relieved that it was finally fixed. I stopped for breakfast grabbing a scone before heading to school. The walk was nice and relaxing and since it was so early, barley anyone was awake. The smell of rain still filled the air, it was quite refreshing. As I reached the building and entered it, I became fully focused on learning. The thoughts of the program extension that Octavius had given me still crossed my mind more than I'd liked. Though it was still pretty lonely at school since I didn't have any friends yet, the opportunity to meet someone just hadn't come up. The only people I were familiar with were Octavius and Connors. Connors was my Bio physics professor, and I enjoyed his class finding the topic on regeneration very captivating.

School went by at a modest pace. Before I knew it, I was sitting in front of Octavius as he presented.

"...Now on the Bohr model of the element Tritium. Atomic number 1. Let me elaborate, Tritium is the only radioactive isotope of Hydrogen. There being only 25 pounds of it on the planet-" the professor was soon cut off by the bell. "Well, that's all the time we have today, and remember the diagrams are due next week!" he shouted as everyone hurried to pack up and leave.

"Excuse me, Professor?" I tried getting his attention as his back was faced towards me.

"Hm?" he said turning and setting a stack of papers on his desk.

"Here," I handed him the completed sign-up contract for the program he had given me.

He raised his eyebrows, "Oh, thank you, dear!"

"No problem, I'll see you tomorrow, Professor, have a good night." I said turning to leave.

"Alright thanks, you as well." He said turning his back to me walking towards his chair. "I- wait, y/n."

"Yeah?" I turned and looked back at him.

"I was actually hoping to discuss more about the program." He spoke.

"Oh, alright then." I said unsure of where he was going with this conversation.

"But not here, would you like to go for a coffee?" He asked.

"Oh, I uhm, I-,"

"It's no trouble if you can't go, you don't have to, if you have something else to keep your occupation don't let me stand in your way." He reassured.

"No, I would love to." I couldn't say no to him and why would I?

"Alright, I have some work to finish up here, but I'll pick you up, say, 5:00?"

"5:00 it is then." I gave a wide smile. IS THIS A DATE?

He returned the smile and then I turned around and left. What just happened?

I walked back home and got an early dinner. After I finished eating, I checked the time, 4:43. I went to my room to change into something nicer than just a plain school outfit. Do people go with their teacher out for coffee? It's not a date, right? WOAH Of course it's not a date!!! It's just coffee to discuss schoolwork, duh. I heard a knock at my door which brought me out of my tenacious thoughts.

"Good evening, you ready?" He said standing in front of my door frame.

"Yes sir," I turned to grab my coat. I noticed he was dressed nicely as well, button up shirt and a pair of pants that looked expensive. He even fixed his hair from is disheveled position from earlier.