The Parts

I am laying on the mattress, it's only about one, the sun is shining and it's a beautiful day yet, I am lying here sad and miserable over a man I didn't even have. I almost did. I find myself blaming myself for what happened. If I had just stayed here and waited for him to get up, why did I even want to go so late anyways? Clearly, I wasn't thinking straight, of course he would have reacted this way, the inhibitor chip didn't fix itself, I have to be careful around him. I need a way to get to him, maybe I just have to catch him off guard again, that's what I did the first time and look where it got me, he told me he loved me.

I got up and walked over to where he was working. Okay, I just have to pretend that what he says doesn't bother me. "Hey Otto."

He stopped, removing his glasses again and glaring at me. Although I tried to seem intimidating, he was just at about my eye level even when sitting, not to mention the four arms of steel attached to him. He hummed in response. Not putting much effort into conversing with me I see.

"I just wanted to apologize for what happened earlier, I should have run it by you and made sure you were okay with it before I left." I innocently looked at him.

He definitely seemed to be caught off guard by my statement. "Just don't let it happen again." He spoke after blinking a few times, presumably trying to clear his mind.

"Yes sir, do you need help with anything?"

No, don't let her!

She's going to mess up!

She'll sabotage us!

She doesn't know what she's doing!

"No, I'm fine by myself."

"Okay, I'll just sit here and watch you then." Why won't you just let me in Otto? I pulled around a chair and sat across from him, resting my head on my hands and just looking at him.

Otto blinked a few times before he pulled his glasses back on and began working again. After about ten minutes of me just sitting there, his hand slipped, and he dropped a bolt on the floor.

"Fuck." He said through gritted teeth, pushing himself back in his chair to look for the piece.

I watched as the bolt rolled and hit the toe of my shoe; he didn't see this of course but I picked it up wanting to watch him struggle to find it. Eventually he got on his knees and started feeling around on the floor while his actuators searched around for it.

"Damnit, where is it?" He cursed to himself.

"Where is what doc?"

"I dropped a bolt on the floor, and I can't find it, now shut up and let me concentrate."

After another minute or so of me trying to contain my laughter while Otto was on his knees feeling around for it, growing more and more agitated.

"Hey doc, does it look like this by any chance?" I held my hand containing the bolt out in front of him.

"What, where did you find it?" He took it out of my hand gently.

"It was right here." I shrugged and pointed next to my chair.

Octavius ran a hand through his hair and over his face before he sighed. "I looked there." He sighed again, standing up with a grunt.

I snickered silently to myself as he walked back to his chair. He collapsed in it with another heavy sigh. "You look tired." I commented, studying my fingernails.

He hummed in response again before resuming his work. I love messing with him.

"I'm going to get something to eat, want anything?"

"No."

Dumbass you can't expect to function without food.

After making two sandwiches with the food I bought, I walked back over to Otto and set the plate down in front of him. He did a double take. "I thought I told you I didn't want anything."

"You need to eat something Otto. You can't just starve yourself because you are 'too good' to accept food from me." I rolled my eyes at his annoying demeanor.

"I am not 'too good' for your food, I just don't have an appetite." He said, mocking me

"How can you not have an appetite; you haven't eaten anything for at least a day."

He rolled his eyes and shrugged.

I am not going to let him get to me. Just calm down Y/n, it's okay.

"Why are you even here? Do you find joy in watching me?"

"Well, I would if you weren't acting like such an ass but for the record Otto, I have nothing else to do. You won't let me go out and you don't want my help. I'm stuck in this warehouse with someone who wants nothing to do with me, yet I can't leave or do anything. So yes, I find watching you work very entertaining. I'd rather watch you than stare at the ceiling." I raised my voice at him slightly.

"Fine."

"Fine what?"

"Fine you can watch me, just don't be annoying." He rolled his eyes again.

About two hours later is when Otto spoke again. Abruptly standing up and walking away he spoke. "I need to order parts. I can't reassemble the machine without new parts. All thanks to Spider-man for ruining the damn machine."

"Hmm, and how exactly are you supposed to pay for those parts?" I teased.

He smirked at me, an actuator grabbing the bags from the bank.

I winced slightly, I forgot about that. "Why don't you let me order the parts."

"Why would I let you do that?"

"Well, just think about it. If I go out and order parts, no one will think anything of it. I'm not the number one wanted person in New York you know. And that way you could continue working with what you have until I get back, that way you aren't wasting time." I shrugged.

No don't let her she'll only-

"Okay I guess you have a point. Come here and I'll write you a list." He motioned me over with his fingers.

I walked over to him while he was bent over scribbling on a small notepad. I only noticed how close I was standing to him when he stood up. Making eye contact with me, he ripped the paper from the notepad and handed it to me but when I grabbed it, he didn't let go.

He leaned in towards my ear. "If I find that you took a little detour, whether it be to the store again or to see your new friend, you will regret it, do you understand?" His voice was quiet, deep, raspy, and almost seductive.

I gulped. It took me a second to comprehend what he had said. The worst part is that he stayed next to my ear until I responded. "Y-yes sir."

"Very good." He said, this time breathing on my neck. His warm breath against my neck drove me insane. My breath hitched. HELP.

He pulled away from me, still keeping within a foot's distance. I blinked a few times and then turned to meet his eyes, his face only a few inches from mine. His hand still held the opposite end of the note caused my hands to itch to reach out to him. His face was written with a mix of emotions and for a second I saw Otto in there, so alone and broken. I reached a shaky hand up to cup his cheek. For a moment his hard gaze softened, and he leaned into my touch. I softly grazed my thumb over his cheek. His eyes fluttered shut for a second, only a second before his hand snaked up and over mine removing it from his face. He opened his eyes and let out a small huff of air, "I want you back by six, no later or I will come and find you, okay?" He spoke so calmly and quietly, I felt butterflies swarm my stomach.

"Okay Otto." I whispered back.

He took a moment before releasing my hand. When he did, I was gone.