Breaking The Rules

Getting a hold of someone to order the parts was relatively easy. Finding a place to get them delivered to however, was not as simple. 

Getting out of the warehouse was nice. Not like I wasn't just out earlier but this time it was under different circumstances. Did he do that on purpose or was that him just being Doc Ock? Goodness, he has such an effect on me, and I think he knows it now. I really wish I could visit Mary Jane. How mad would he really be if I went to say hi? I doubt she lives too far from here. 

I kept the address she gave me with me, just in case Otto decided to go through my stuff. I pulled it out to look at it, just to see how far away she was, and I was right, she only lived a few blocks away. Looking at the watch, I saw I still had an hour and a half and honestly, there's no way Otto could really know I went and did other stuff, right?

I decided what the hell, he can't control me. I waved a cab down and gave him the address, eventually I got to her building and asked for her at the buzzer. 

"Y/n?"

"Mary Jane, sorry I haven't been able to meet you sooner, I've been... Rather busy."

"Oh no don't worry about it." She gestures me into her house. "Oh, these are my friends, Harry Osborn and Peter Parker.

"Well, I'll be damned. Harry Osborn and Peter Parker." I stood with a large smile on my face, shaking my head teasingly.

"Y/n?" Peters head snapped towards the sound of mine and Mj's voices.

"L/n?" Harry was next to turn around.

"You boys are a sight for sore eyes." I walked over and put my arms around Harry's neck, pulling him into a quick hug before I turned and nodded to Peter. 

"Wha- what are you doing here? You know Mj?" Peter stammered in disbelief.

"Well," Mj and I both exchanged glances. "I actually just met her, we got on the topic of the new villain drama and just got to talking." I smiled and Peter.

"So, L/n how is-" Harry began.

"Hey, wait, I want to know how you know these two." Mj smiled at me, pointing a finger between bother Harry and Peter. 

"Oh well I- I actually- well, you see-" I haven't told her I worked for Octavius yet, I didn't know how she would feel about it.

Harry stood straight and proud, his arms folded over his chest, his head high. "She worked for Octavius."

Mj's jaw dropped slightly. "You did? How come you didn't tell me?"

"Oh well, I guess maybe advertising I worked for the city's now most wanted criminal wouldn't be something to do on the daily." I chuckled awkwardly and scratched the back of my neck. 

Peter chuckled at my statement. "She has a point."

"Octavius talked about you a lot you know." Harry angled his body to face mine more. 

"He did?"

"Said you were one of the smartest he's ever dealt with. He praised you; the man practically worshipped the ground you walked on. Never have I heard a single negative thing about you come from that man's mouth." Harry smirked.

I felt my face heat up before I cleared my throat. Yeah, now look at what's happened. "Well surely he was wrong because if he was right, we would be in Sweden." I laughed as well as Harry and Peter. I glanced around the small apartment before turning to Mj. "I really must get going, I have some errands to run, I just thought I'd stop by and say hello. You have a lovely place by the way." I smiled.

Mj beamed a smile at me. "Thank you."

"And you two troublemakers, I was lovely seeing you again Harry and you too Peter. I'll keep in touch." I walked out the door, closing it behind me. I need to get back to Otto. 

 It was 5:45 on the dot and I definitely didn't want to see what was in store for me if I was late. 

I walked into the building and was immediately reminded of how cold and damp the place was. "I'm back."

"Did you get everything?" He asked from the worktable.

"I was able to get everything ordered and paid for, they will make the delivery in an alleyway of an old diner. I didn't want to tell them to come here of course because that could put you at risk. I took a cab and told him to drive by the place where the delivery will be made, seemed legit to me. Also don't worry I had the cab driver drop me off a few blocks away, I walked the rest of the way here that way-"

"Y/n." Otto stood up and made his was over towards me, stopping a few feet in front of me.

"What?" I looked at him.

"Shut up." He half smiled. For once his gaze was soft and reasonable.

"Oh okay." I felt embarrassed so I looked down to the floor, wanting to just hide away and never come out.

"Was there left-over money?" Otto motioned to the bag in my hand.

"Mhm." He took it from my hand. "What did you have for dinner?"

"Made a sandwich." His back faced me as he walked towards his desk again. Otto stopped and turned around to face me again. "I made you one too, it's over on the table."

"Oh? Uhm, thank you." I gazed up at him, taking a few steps closer.

"Yeah. You're welcome." He half smiled.

Otto's back was facing the table where the sandwich was. I have an idea, just to test something. I started walking towards Otto. Slowly. His actuators whirred around him, seeming intimidating but when I kept walking, they gave up their position and seemed to be confused? If that's even possible. Otto was quiet but as I got even closer, he started walking backwards until he was trapped between the table and me. "What are you doing?"

I said nothing and gently pressed my front against his. Looking up at him, his eyes were light and beautiful, just like how I remember them. Otto and I held a stare for only a few seconds before he said my name. I ignored him again, but this time leaned around him and grabbed my sandwich. Holding it my hand I looked at him and then up at him. "Just grabbing my food doctor."

He seemed to get flustered. One of the arms planted itself gently on my shoulder and pushed me back until I was a good foot or two away from him. Giving a small sigh he turned around, pulled a chair out, and sat down, completely disregarding my previous actions.

I smirked and took a bite of my food. Another point for me haha yesss this may not be too hard.