Remember When

It took me a while to fall asleep, in fact at this point I don't even know if I will be able to sleep at all. As much as Otto was just being a flat-out dick about everything, I missed him, and I wanted him here in 'bed' next to me. I need some comfort; I just witnessed the death of my team. It didn't help that it was pouring rain outside either. What a perfect setting for what I'm going through. 

Just as if on cue, Otto came trudging in, soaking wet. His new attire, a pair of small round sunglasses, a brown trench coat and an olive green one covered his body along with black pants, were drenched along with his hair all while water droplets streamed down his face and neck. I looked up at him, waiting for him to say something, anything. Dirt and grim covered his coats. Small rips ran along the edge of his pants.
As he got closer, I noticed a cut on his lip and eyebrow as well as some bruising around his eye. They were small but you could tell they were deep. "Geez Otto, what did you do, I thought you went out for clothes?" I sat up.

"I had a little run in with the bug." He sneered. Smiling through a bloody mouth.

"Let me help you." I got up and walked over to him, grabbing his arm I walked him over to the half wall.

"I don't need your help Y/n-" he protested.

"I don't care."

He sighed heavily, avoiding eye contact. I helped him clean his cuts. Grabbing the back of his neck and pulling him forward when he tried to pull away. I felt something, something missing. I moved my fingers in a circle on the back of his neck before it hit me. THE INHIBITOR CHIP, ITS GONE!!! THATS WHY HES BEEN ACTING LIKE THIS! ITS NOT HIM, ITS THE ARMS!!!

I decided not to say anything but the expression on my face gave me away.

Otto pulled his head away and stood up, taking his coat off. "Otto... come on just let me-" I began

"No! Just leave me alone Y/n, go to bed." Otto turned his back to me.

"I can't sleep." I said quietly.

"Why not?" He turned back around to face me, this time without the first layer of his coat. His neck was exposed.

"I- I just can't." I stuttered; my eyes trained on the new exposed skin.

"Well, try."

"I did, and I couldn't."

"What do you want me to do?"

This is such a bad idea. "Stay with me until I fall asleep."

That seemed to catch his off guard. His expression softened as his eyes searched my face. I felt goosebumps appear on my skin. It's cold. "I uhh, okay I guess." He obliged and walked back to the 'room' which was really only a mattress behind a wall but still it was better than sleeping on the hard wood.

I had a theory. If I am correct, then Otto's actuators should be in check with his emotions. I have to do it, say something to catch him off guard again. Otto sat down on the end of the mattress, fiddling with his fingers. "Is this uhm, good?" He kept his head down.

"Lay down Otto, I know you're tired." I waited for a reaction from him. His head then whipped around to face mine. His face, as if according to plan, flushed ever so slightly. He seemed to get nervous, and his actuators showed it, they cowered down slightly. Otto laid down next to me facing me. I smiled at him

"Don't expect me to get all touchy and cuddly with you. I don't like you, I'm just tired." That was definitely Doc Ock talking and not Otto.

He rolled over, his back now facing me. I started at the back of his neck. I was right, the arms intelligence has corrupted his mind and that's why he's acting like this. I need to find a way to rebuild the chip without him knowing, I need to find a way to do something. As strong as I am I don't know if I can resist him though. Otto has such an effect on me.