Chapter 8

"Quick lunch break." Maia stood up from the dining table and stretched. For the past three hours or so, she used her dining table for making the wand.

"Any cravings for lunch?" she asked her loyal companions. Daisy was nibbling on her celery and Zee was perched on a nearby chair. "Zee?"

Zee hooted in return before flying out the open window and into the deep forest.

"Ah well," Maia sighed. Seems like Zee wants to go hunt for her food. "What do I have?" she asked herself as she walked around her kitchen, looking for something to eat. Her kitchen was stocked with food but she can't find anything she wants to eat. Eventually, she decided on yoghurt.

She took her tub of homemade yoghurt and assorted fruits from her fridge, honey from a cabinet, and her bags of oat from another. After gathering the ingredients she needed, she took out a bowl and spoon from a nearby drawer.

She began to scoop out yoghurt to her bowl, rained oats down on her yoghurt, wash and cut her fruits, arranged them neatly on the bowl, and finally, she drizzled honey on top. A breakfast item but good for any time... like waffles.

She put back the honey, yoghurt, and oat to their respectful place before she grabbed her bowl and went over to the dining table to work while eating.

The wand was nearly done. All that was left was to add the details to it. She could carve it or maybe she can enchant it. She wasn't sure of that one yet. But she was pretty sure she was going to carve it. But what pattern? Spirals like the ones on her own? Lucky her, there is still one more step before the carving part. First, she has to check if it won't combust midway during performing a spell.

The first step was to shape the wand from the branch she got. She sawed and cut off any excess and smoother down the stick. Second, she checked the core and made sure it was right before enveloping the core with the previously shaped wood. She sealed it and it was done. Behold, the very basic form of a wand, a core in between a stick. Hurrah.

From the excess wood, she fashioned a circle and attached it to the wand so that the future owner may know where to put their hand on it. She didn't have much but she tried her best to make it more interesting and appealing. Especially since this belongs to her first customer and he paid a lot more than what she charged. A little decor won't hurt. Rummaging through her box of wonders, a box she always had to keep valuable items, her hand stumbled on a particular trinket. The Gold's Child.

☽︎☾︎

Maia let her mother drag her out of the shop. She didn't look back but she felt something being tucked in her pocket. She ignored it for now but she decided to see what it was after she went home from the Market.

Once she was in her room, away from her mother's watching eye, she checked her pocket and pulled out a vial of gold. The very same she was asking about earlier in the potion shop. There was a note tied to it. She read it.

Hello, child. I noticed you were interested in this beauty. Take the vial and use it wisely. When our paths cross again, do tell me how you used it. -Evanora Smith.

☽︎☾︎

She smiled fondly at the memory. That day, she researched what Gold's Child was and discovered what it truly was. It wasn't only to bring the drinker good luck. It may also bring them courage and strength. She also read that it didn't have to be drunk. They may also use it for items and it can be their lucky charm.

Maia then did something she knew she wouldn't regret. She carved patterns on the wand and poured the vial on it. The potion slithered through her carvings and was absorbed by the wood, leaving behind a gold patterned wand. She just hoped it was up to her customer's liking. 

☽︎☾︎

Sorry for the short chapter. This one's about 690 ish words. The past chapters are about 900 - 1k words. Sorry for that. Hoped you like it though. Don't forget to vote, comment, and share! Kidding! You don't have to do anything except read :D 

All comments, votes, and shares are appreciated. It would totally make my day. Especially comments. If you do write, do you like reading the comments? 

Next update: Thursday/Friday 

Have a great day!