Epilogue

The days flew by pretty quickly. Seconds turn to minutes. Minutes to hours. And hours to days. Soon, Saturday has arrived. 

"Good morning!" Maia said. She was excited. How could she not be? Reuniting with her friend and a potion maker she knew. 

That day, she wore the things in the box given. A beige knitted sweater, black pants, and a pair of white heels. She wore her own belt, also given by Arturo, years ago. She was lucky to know him. His fashion tips were very, very helpful to her as she had no sense of fashion. At all. Her everyday wear was a t-shirt, pants, the occasional skirt, and dresses. If she's at home, she's more likely to wear shorts, pajama sets, and oversized hoodies. 

She went on making breakfast. Overnight oats with yogurt was what she had. Last night, she made it and stored it in the fridge for today. For Daisy, she put several sticks of celeries, slices of carrots, and cucumbers. Zee took a berry she offered before flying out the window and searching for prey. 

☽︎☾︎

Before she left, she made sure to fill bowls of water and food for Daisy and Zee. "I'll be back later," Maia said. "Bye!"

The trip to the Market did not take long. She walked to the edge of the forest and back into the crowded town. From there, she rode a train that went to the Market after a few stops at the local bookstore, park, and mall. The train was packed with people, bustling and murmuring about their excitement at going to the Market. 

They have huge sales, free products, samples, and more entertainment. 

"WELCOME! WELCOME! WELCOME TO THE MARKET!" 

"We're in the Market!" a child spoke not far from her to their parents. 

"Yes we are! Let's go!" 

She smiled. It brought up several memories of her visiting the Market. Her first time, her second, third, and now her fourth. "Time to make some memories," she whispered before entering. 

☽︎☾︎

The tent her friend asked her to find wasn't difficult to find. Precisely like what he said, it was located smack dab right in the center. 

"Maia!" 

"Arturo!" 

Once she caught sight of her friend, she ran to where he was. It was rather difficult running through a crowd. Arturo was wearing a cream colored overcoat over a striped button up shirt tucked into his black pants. 

"Hey, little butterfly!" Arturo grinned at her. 

"Hey!" 

"Oh, come," he said. "We gotta run." A few people looked over at them and began whispering his name. Oops. I shouldn't have called his name, Maia thought, guiltily. 

She followed him and he lead her inside a tent. 

"Maia, there you are," Eva said. "Lovely to meet you, dear."

"Hi Eva!" 

Eva stood up and straightened her coat before pulling her hand away effectively pulling her away from Arturo and sat her on a chair opposite of her. 

"Tell me, what did you do with the potion I gave you years ago," she said. 

"Wait for me!" Arturo said. 

Once he sat down and got cozy, he said, "Now you may start."

"Oh!" Eva exclaimed suddenly. "Tea?"

"Jasmine," she answered.

She fixed her a cup and also offered her the assorted delicacies on their round table. 

"Now spill," Eva said, eager to hear what she has to tell them. 

"Where do I start?"

"From the very beginning," Arturo said. "Of your career, not life. I already know about that."

"Alright," Maia responded. "It all started from the letter my mother sent..."

☽︎☾︎

The trio stayed for hours in the tent, talking, laughing, and joking around. She quickly get to know Eva and they clicked just like she and Arturo did. Cupcakes they devoured, teas they sipped, and gossip they shared. It was a brilliant day and she wished it wouldn't have to end. 

☽︎☾︎ 

And that's a wrap! We are finished with Maia's adventure in The Wand Maker. I'm glad I got to finish this before my exams next week. That's why I published Chapter 9 and the Epilogue now. Anyways, to those who are reading this, I want to thank you. Thank you for giving this book a shot. I'm glad I can actually publish this entire short story. I have so many drafts of other stories but I never finish them. This is a first! Thanks again! Bye! Have a great day! Stay healthy! <3