Chapter 12: Special

Third Person Pov:

"You are special, for, I have found the angels think the same

"You are special, for, I have found the angels think the same."

~~~~~~~~

*Flashback*

"We made it!" Amari said as he and Y/n had finally made it back down the mountain. Once they got there, they're met with a bunch of Wisteria.

Y/n took the time to touch one of the wisteria's, finding them breathtaking. "Beautiful..." Her eyes traveled to her hand, and she frowned slightly.

The sight of her skin left distaste on her tongue. She was use to being seen and called things such as 'ugly,' 'mutt' or other things like that.

She's never felt too comfortable in her skin, even though her father tried to help by telling her that's she's perfect the way she is. She just never believed him. But, she appreciated his efforts.

She's sure she'll probably never get married. Not that she doesn't want to, she's just sure no one would be caught dead marrying someone they couldn't be seen in public with.

"Such a cruel world." Amari suddenly said, shaking the brown girl from her thoughts.

"What...?"

"Out of all the things we choose to fear, we choose love." Amari sighed as he held out his hand for her to hold. Hesitantly, she took it, only to be pulled into a hug. "You're beautiful too."

"I am..?"

"You are, Y/n.
Live out the love you deserve."

"You don't seem to be injure. Your muscles are just a little drained of energy. But don't worry, some sleep and food in your system, will do you good and you'll be back in battle by next week." Shinobu sat in her chair, pen in hand as she wrote down on her clipboard.

Tanjirou gave a simple nod in response to her analyzing him. He looks out the window next to his bed with a feeling of concern. "I... can't help but ask..." His gaze drifts to the Butterfly Hashira. "Will Y/n be okay?"

"I can't say for certainty that she'll be alright... Even if the initial effect of the poison was easily put to a stop, i'm not aware of whether or not there are after affects. As well as, she seems to have been hit with four very large dosages."

"But, I can say that Y/n is a very strong young woman." The woman smiles at him with a somewhat reassuring smile, although, he could smell the worry off her.