Chapter 31: Back On The Job

𝙎𝙚𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙙 𝙋𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙤𝙣

"𝑃𝑢𝑡 𝑚𝑒 𝑖𝑛, 𝑐𝑜𝑎𝑐ℎ

"𝑃𝑢𝑡 𝑚𝑒 𝑖𝑛, 𝑐𝑜𝑎𝑐ℎ."

~~~~~~~~

It had been only a week later since Tanjiro informed you of your relationship with him. You weren't as ready for that information as you originally thought. It was overwhelming how...different your life had changed to be.

Tanjiro had informed you of all your relationships with everyone. And as much as you hoped, all your memories didn't return instantly. But they were starting to come back a lot quicker than before. Almost anything seemed to spark some form of a memory, which was speeding up the process.

As for your relationship with Tanjiro, that's still been undetermined. You had absolutely no idea where to go on from here. You weren't sure whether or not you were ready for any form of a relationship with him because of your last. And given your recent condition, (your memory loss), you weren't sure now would be the time to even indulge in that.

So for now, your relationship with Tanjiro maintained a platonic level. You wanted to mostly focus on reconnecting your different but close relationships with everyone as well as train. You thought that maybe if you slipped back into your present time's usual life, maybe your memories would flood back. So far, it's actually been slightly working.

But it wasn't enough for you to be satisfied with. You wanted more, you needed more. Getting back to your life wouldn't feel complete until you were back on the job. You figured that maybe the missing piece to getting your memories back would be fighting demons again, the one thing that gave your life an ounce of meaning.

"I want to go back on missions." You declared to master Ubuyashiki of the demon slayers as you sat in front of him. You had stated your reasons and only waited for his answer.

The pillars and tsuguko were also in the room, it was a meeting. They were on the board of decision that the master would make. Stating whether or not you would be allowed to go on missions.

"I believe that would be a good idea, master." Shinobu agreed, which actually shocked you because you were prepared to plead your case. "Y/n's memories have been returning a lot faster as she developed the routine her life back. But I believe in order to fully restore them, she has to do the final piece of her life. Being a demon slayer."

"Wouldn't that be dangerous?" Sanemi inquired with his arms crossed to his scarred chest. "She's mentally not the same age as she once was. Her technique isn't as developed as it was and she's still adjusting to the way she does her breathing style."

"I agree. Her mental age has taken a lot of her ability." Iguro stated, letting his snake slither around his neck. "Putting her on a mission so soon could kill her. She's not prepared yet."