Chapter 29: Who is Amari?

𝙎𝙚𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙙 𝙋𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙤𝙣

"They look happy together

I wish I could be enough for her
to be happy with.
Like he was."

~~~~~~~~

The next day, you did training with Shinobu instead of with everyone else. Once training was over, you were back in her office for a check up.

Apparently you would be need a check up everyday for the next month to make sure your lungs and heart don't act up. But you seem to be recovering so that's good.

"How are you feeling?" Shinobu asked you as she looks up from her clipboard. "I heard you had an interesting time with Tomioka."

"Yeah, I think a few of my memories came back when I was talking to him."

"That's good!" Shinobu smiled happily but her eyes furrow at the conflicted look on your face. "Is it not?"

"The memories weren't good memories." You admit, feeling Shinobu's gaze on you. "It was memories of a woman. Her name was Oiran." You paused, trying to find the right words. "I felt and saw everything in my memories. She made me feel... hurt? I think it was something along the lines of envy."

"She was very close to Tanjiro and I think that's what bothered me. She made me feel... I think the word insecure would best fit it. And I think I was pushing Tanjiro away afterwards but I still... I still protected him." You shake your head and take a deep breath. "I don't know, i'm just really confused. Mostly by my relationship with him."

Shinobu stared at you curiously before speaking. "Well, from what I observed, Tanjiro had obvious feelings for you. But you tried to brush them off until you started to grow feelings back. And i'm guess all that happened when you were on your last mission and so you overthought the situation and backed away because you were scared."

Wow. That was way too accurate.

"Sounds like me." You says and and release a breath through your nose. "How did I even get myself in that situation. I love Amari."

"Feelings change, sweetie."

"I was hoping mine wouldn't."

Shinobu shook her head and chuckled. Truth be told, she liked talking to your you because you seem so full of personality.

Is this what you were really like before you lost it all?

It seems like is is. And now that Shinobu's seen it, when you get your memories back, she's going to try to bring this side out.

Mitsuri has already come to terms with absolutely adoring your 'secret' personality. And she declared she wouldn't stop until she brings it back after you get your memories back.