Chapter 32: Back on Mission

𝙎𝙚𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙙 𝙋𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙤𝙣

𝗕𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝗼𝗻 𝗠𝗶𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻

𝗕𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝗼𝗻 𝗠𝗶𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻

~~~~~~~~

Fast paced footsteps are barely heard at the rink of midnight. One brown hand was at the hilt of the scabbard sheath, which held a reflective purple sword. Moon earrings along with a haori designed as a magical night swaying in the wind.

Quick footsteps, gentle heartbeat, calm breathing. Your speed was heavily unmatched, your body only barely visible, you were seen as merely a blur. Your crow flew above, guiding you to your destination.

You could feel what was near, you could feel it flow through your body and erupt through your senses. They needed help. 𝐇𝐞 needed help. So you made sure to run fast. You didn't want to be late incase something terrible would happen.

You would help him. Like you always did. Because he's Tanjiro. And what more reason did you need than that?

"Hurry. Hurry." Both you and Mitsuri's crow flew together and spoke. "The village is in danger. The village is in danger. Save the village as quickly as possible."

The voice of the crows encouraged you to run faster, you were still getting use to your speed but you were good at adjusting. Your curly hair was in a half updo with two one-beaded braids parted to the sides of your face.

"Surprisingly, the village of the swordsmiths is so close to the district we were in charge of." Mitsuri spoke with a smile, breaking you from your senses which you seemed to be lost in.

"Ri, have I always been able to feel so much around me?" You questioned curiously. She knows she has Synesthesia, which basically allows her to hear colors, feel sounds and presences, and even feel emotions. But she doesn't remember it being so strong, it was almost overwhelming.

"From what I remember, yes. You told me it developed more as you got older." Mitsuri answered, thinking a bit before giving into her desire to ask you love questions. "I'm sorry but I just have to ask, do you plan on ask Tanjiro to be your lovely boyfriend?"

"Umm..." You trailed off, biting down on your lips with a look of conflict. "I actually don't plan on asking him."

"Oh, you're going to let him ask you instead?" Mitsuri assumed, but furrowed her brows when you shook your head. "Wait. Do you not want to be with Tanjiro?"

"My heart beats for Tanjiro, but my mind..." You trailed off and turned your gaze away from the girl's piercing eyes. "Loving me will only cause problems for him. And I don't want people to hate him because he loves me. He deserves a good life."

"Hurry! The village is on the brink of collapse!" The crows interrupted your conversation when they noticed the two of you were slowing down because if it.