Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 33

▍japan, swordsmith village
𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄
𝐭. 𝐤𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐨
33. ✿ ↬

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

second person

𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐎𝐅 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐅𝐔𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍. The familiarity to the feeling of relief rush through one's body. Or the overwhelming sense as though one was forced into a situation cluelessly. Or even just the sense of adrenaline rush through the body and allows one to do crazy things it would've been difficult to do before.

These were all things you were feeling at this very moment. All of your memories came rushing through your body in the moment of danger and fear. Including the new memories you made without your previous memories. And now you stood in the middle of a battlefield.

Of course, you tried to keep a brave face on because you were not one to show vulnerability, especially in front of demons. But you were freaking out emotionally ad knew you were in for a lot once that battle was over. If you lived, of course.

Tanjiro's heart beated rapidly in his chest when his eyes met yours. A dark blush formed on his lips when he saw your skin glimmer and shine like diamonds under the moonlight. Your curly hair perfect the way it was, and your scent just as addictive as he remembered it to be.

Tanjiro is sure he fell in love all over again.

But his scent managed to pick up on the overwhelming feeling of displacement you felt. Despite the fact that your face showed you had no such feeling, you were clearly hiding it.

"Tanjiro." Mitsuri stopp up with her sword in hand. "I'm going to rescue Nezuko and Genya with Y/n, alright?"

The demon Zohakuten stared at you with hatred, contrary to his number and name. "You damn slip of a girl."

When Mitsuri raced with you, Tanjiro quickly stood up holding his shoulder. "Wait! That's an Upper Rank! It's an Upper Rank demon!"

Mitsuri smiled as she used her flexibility to her advantage. She headed her also flexible sword to wrangle one of the wooden dragons and sending it to two other dragons.

At the same time, you matched her speed as she wrangled the wooden dragon. When she sent the wooden dragon to the other two, you shifted your strength to your legs and jumped high. You readied your sword, cutting all three wooden dragons.

When you cut the three, you used your strength in your legs to jump back. When you jumped back, you used your own flexibility to do a back handspring. Landing back beside Mitsuri, where you both nodded at each other before looking at the demon together.

"Hey, you two." The demon Zohakuten called out to both you and Mitsuri.

"You've gone too far!" Mitsuri yelled out for the demon who stood at a distance away to hear with his arms crossed. "We're taking Nezuko and Genya back from you, alright?"

"Shut up, you shameless tramp!" Zohakuten growled as he stared down at the woman. "There's only one person in this world who can order me around!"

"You bitch." You had an irritated expression on your face as you mumbled to yourself quietly. Looking at the demon with a glint in your eyes, showing how much you wanted to murder him for his disrespect to her.

Mitsuri's face dropped when she heard the insult that the demon had called her. 𝑆ℎ𝑎𝑚𝑒𝑙𝑒𝑠𝑠 𝑡𝑟𝑎𝑚𝑝?! 𝑇𝑟𝑎...𝑀𝑒? She stared horrified at the demon. "You're talking about me?" 𝑈𝑛𝑏𝑒𝑙𝑖𝑒𝑣𝑎𝑏𝑙𝑒! 𝑊ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑎 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑙 𝑚𝑜𝑢𝑡ℎ 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑏𝑜𝑦 ℎ𝑎𝑠! 𝐴𝑛𝑑 ℎ𝑒'𝑠 𝑎𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑠𝑎𝑚𝑒 𝑎𝑔𝑒 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑠𝑖𝑧𝑒 𝑎𝑠 𝑚𝑦 𝑙𝑖𝑡𝑡𝑙𝑒 𝑏𝑟𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟!