Chapter 19: Remember

Third Person Pov:

"You may forget for the moment,but your memories will stay forever

but your memories will stay forever."

~~~~~~~~

Nezuko's full form.
Breath hitched.
Eyes widened.

Y/n couldn't help but stand in the back and stare. Seeing Nezuko like this, seeing Tanjirou try to stop her. Seeing this reminds her of a memory.

A memory from the past. A memory of her father. A memory of her past lover. A memory with good and bad.

More importantly, a reminder.

What was that memory again?

Oh yeah, I remember now

I was 12

*Flashback*

Twelve year old Y/n walks next to Amari. Her eyes glued to the ground while she holds on tightly to Amari's hand.

She and Amari were on a mission together. But she saw something horrifying.

"Star." Amari calls her nickname with concern. "You've been staring at the ground since we started walking."

"I'm fine." She mutters a lie quietly.

"We can talk about if you want." He offers, squeezing her hand for reassurance. "You can talk to me."

Y/n shift her gaze to his, seeing his reassuring eyes. After a staring for a moment, she shakes her head and looks back down. "I'm fine. Let's just go home."

Amari stares at her with a defeated look. But respects her choice of not being ready to talk yet. "Okay."

.          .         .

The two preteens sit at the table, waiting for Akio to bring dinner. Ever since the two got back from the mission, she's been unusual.

She hasn't trained, or clung to Amari. In fact, she hasn't spoken a word since they got home. She's been laying down in her bed, staring at the ceiling for hours.