My intuitions always right

"Everyone please report to the meeting room, we have another urgent meeting." Steve says over comms.

"Ugh." Y/n groans, she normally loved any mission, but this had already been the longest day of her life.

"We should go Y/n." Wanda says, walking with Y/n back into the compound.

Once both Wanda and Y/n walk into the meeting room, Steve starts talking.

"Now that we're all here, let me talk about the mission." Steve goes into further detail about the mission.

Task: Take down a Hydra base

Easy right?

Over the next two days the team prepares for the mission. Mostly training for what their task will entail.

The morning the team leaves for the mission, everyone meets on the jet.

Y/n never had someone to care about on missions like they did Wanda. Of course there was always Natasha, but if anything Natasha was more scared of losing Y/n.

"In case anything happens-" Y/n begins.

"Don't say that, nothing will happen. You said this team has taken down plenty of Hydra bases." Wabda assures Y/n that it will all be alright.

As the quinjet lands a few hundred yards away from the base in the woods, the team goes over the plan again.

"We have set up partners; Y/n and I, Wanda and Clint, Natasha and Bucky, Sam and Tony. Now that we know everything let's go. But most importantly, stuck eith your partner." Steve adds the most important part last.

Wanda's POV-

Once I use my powers to throw one last Hydra soilder into the wall, I see that I've done all I was asked to do.

The rest of the mission tasks were up to Steve and Y/n to do.

I make it back to the quinjet, taking a seat next to Clint, seeing that Y/n and Steve aren't back yet.

"Nice job kid." Clint says, as Wanda sits next to him.

"Thanks." Wanda says, looking out of the hatch, waiting to see Y/n.

Steve walks into the hatch, but Y/n doesn't follow.

"Where's Y/n?" Wanda asks, standing up.

"I turned around and didn't see her, I figured that she would've made her way back here." Steve responds.

"You left her!" Wanda shouts.

"She-" Steve begins.

Wanda quickly exits the jet, going to look for you.

"Wanda-" Nat begins.

"If I'm not back within five minutes leave, I don't want you guys to get hurt." Wanda responds.

Wanda rushes around the Hydra base looking for Y/n.

She hears a fait scream. As Wanda rushes to where she heard the scream, she turns the corner, seeing Y/n on the floor.

"Y/n." She rushes to Y/n's side, immediately kneeling down in a puddle of blood.

Wanda looks down at Y/n's abdomen, a large knife stabbed into it.

"I told you something was going to happen." Y/n says trying to lighten up.

"Nothing going to happen." Wanda says with tears in her eyes.

"Wanda look at me, I've lost so much blood. By the time I get to a hospital I'll be dead." Y/n responds.

"No you'll be okay." Wanda tried to assure not only Y/n, but also herself.

Y/n smiles.

"I'm not going to make it out of here."
Y/n tells Wanda truthfully.

"You'll be okay." Wanda gets closer to
Y/n, kissing her forehead.

Wabda turns on her comms. "Natasha I need you to bring as much medical supplies as possible." Wanda says frantically.

Her comms turns to static.

"No, come on." Wanda hits her ear piece.

Y/n becomes paler by the second.

"Hold on Y/n, you can pull though this." Wanda begs, tears pouring down her cheeks.

"Let's think about good things." Y/n says, wanting her last moments with Wanda to be filled happily.

Wanda drys her tears.

"I've really only you known you for a bit, but I feel like I've known you forever." Wanda says, sniffling.

Tears are rushing down Y/n's and Wanda's faces.

"You should go Wanda." Y/n instructs.

"I'm not leaving you." Wanda responds.

"I can't be the only one that leaves, go back to the quinjet." Y/n says quietly.

"I can't." Wanda mumbles.

"I'm getting worse by the second Wands." Y/n clears her throat softly.

"I just want to talk to you." Wanda responds.

"Will you promise me that you'll take care of Natasha and Yelena?" Y/n asks.

"I will." Wanda promises.

"Okay, and yourself." Y/n makes sure to say.

As Wanda talks to Y/n, she notices the slower and quieter responses.

"I think our time is up." Y/n says, holding Wanda's hand that's covered in blood.

Wanda doesn't fight what she knows is inevitable.

"I love you." Wanda says, tears on her cheek.

"I love you more." Y/n responds.

Y/n's body slowly loses it's strength as her eyes close.

"No, please Y/n." Wanda continues to cry, her tears dripping from her face to the puddle of blood under her.

Wanda cries as she sees the life leave
Y/n's body, her first love gone... just like that.

Word count of story: 10,902