Chapter 5: The new kid

George POV

The room was cozy. Gray walls with beige undertones, a synthetic fireplace with a dark blue chair beside it. White bookshelves filled with books George would probably never even touch, a big bed with blue covers and lastly a table with a computer setup.

George dropped his suitcase and lunged himself onto the bed and that's when he noticed how tired he actually was. He barely managed to change into something more suitable for sleeping before passing out due to the tiredness.

-----------------

He was woken up by stubborn knocks on the door. With a great amount of effort, he crawled out of the comfy bed and got dressed. His clothing-options were limited due to the recent moving situation. So he therefore he went with the same black jeans from yesterday and a plain black hoodie. He entered the connected bathroom and began brushing his teeth. When he caught a glimpse of himself in the mirror, he saw the outline from the punch he'd received. It had faded better than expected, but you could still distinguish some minor bruising. He ran a hand through his dark hair to make it look somewhat presentable.

Today would be his first day at the new school, his father said that there was no reason to wait. Even though George never cared much about other's opinions, he couldn't help his nerves from acting up. Maybe all the turbulence that had occurred the day before played a part. Or the fact that he suddenly found himself in a completely different part of the world could contribute to his feelings. Nonetheless, he couldn't shake the nervousness .

He found a note from his father on the counter in the kitchen. The note contained the school's adress, instructions on how to get there and for some reason it also an "emergency contact", which George put into his phone.

Getting to the school wasn't too difficult. It wasn't that far from his new house, so he was able to walk there. After about a 20 minutes' walk, he arrived at a typical looking school. His father had given him a fake surname, because his real identity could apparently be dangerous to reveal. He got to keep the name George because it was deemed fairly common and wouldn't really put him in any danger.

Being the 'New kid' wasn't something that George particularly looked forward to. Though, he had decided to go with the same strategy as he usually did when meeting new people; keep people at a distance to prevent showing vulnerabilities that could be used against him.

Before entering the building, he reached down to his ankle to make sure the knives were still with him.

Upon opening the door, he was met with loud chattering, shouting and spaces that were packed with students. He was a bit overwhelmed. Because of his lacking interest in school when he lived in the UK, he had more or less forgotten the reality of the school environment.

He found his way to the reception where he was met by a elderly woman, with curly brown hair and a sweet smile.

"What can I help you with, sweetheart?"

"Well, it's my first day, so I'd very much like to know my schedule." George answered and did his best to sound polite.

"Oh, the British boy, George O'Brien, right?" She exclaimed. Making a few curious students turn their heads his way.

The unfamiliar name sounded weird and the looks from the another students made him slightly uncomfortable, but he managed to confirm that it was him and received his schedule.

"Great! Karl is supposed to guide you around today and I believe he's just waiting around the corner." George thanked the lady and even gave her a little smile.

He scanned the area to see if he could find anyone who matched the description that the woman had given him. The search didn't last long after he heard his name being called by a brunette with fluffy hair, grey, kind eyes and a colorful sweatshirt.