Chapter 18: When you finally break

Clay POV

Clay was slightly disoriented about where he was, but it was warm and extremely comfortable. 

However, someone was trying to shake him awake, and he sure didn't want to wake up. But the person that was shaking him was persistent.

"C'mon Nick, just a few more minutes." The shaking stopped and Clay took the opportunity to get a few more minutes of sleep. Well, that was until a feeling of drowning spread through his body and panic erupted. He shot up and glanced around to try and figure out what had caused that horrible awakening.

"Morning, sunshine." Chestnut brown eyes examined him with amusement. 

Memories from last night returned and Clay suddenly realized where he was and who he was with. "Morning, Georgie. You suck at waking people up, you know that right?" 

The brit laughed. His dark locks were a mess and his eyes were puffy from sleep. But he was still as pretty as ever. "You refused to wake up, it's not my fault." 

"So, what? You choose to drown people that just want their beauty sleep?" Clay stated jokingly. 

George rolled his eyes. "I didn't drown you, idiot. I just pinched your nose and mouth close." The brunette said with an innocent smile. Clay glared in return. He then reached out and grabbed George's wrist, pulling him down on the bed again and wrapped his arms around the brunette so he was unable to get up.

"Clay. Clay! Let go, we need to get to school!" The objections were muffled due to George's face being buried in Clay's t shirt. 

"No, school can wait." 

"ClaaAy... let. Me. Go!" And George did his best to escape the his grip. The fighting weakened and George seemed to resign. 

Clay grinned "Do you accept defeat, British boy?" But the victory didn't last long when two fingers were pushed into the sides of his abdomen, causing Clay to involuntarily let got. George seized the opportunity and leaped out of the bed. The loss of warmth was agonizing. 

"Get up and we can return back here after school." 

"Since when do you care so much about school?" George hesitated. Clay found the reaction bit out of place, but kept quiet. "Just get dressed. I'll get us some sandwiches for breakfast."

George left the room and Clay was therefore alone. George hadn't given him much of a choice, so he forced himself out of bed and into the conjoined bathroom. The bathroom was brightly lit with an expensive feel to it. It contained a mirror that nearly covered an entire wall, a luxurious bathtub as well as a shower. Someone had definitely focused on making the most out of the bathroom. Clay was stunned. George had never specified what his dad worked with, but it was clear that the man made loads of money.

Clay took a very quick shower, just to make sure no blood remained from yesterday's incident. His mom had hurt him before. Though, this had been one of the worse cases. He stared at his reflection when he got out of the shower. George had done a good job at patching him together. But his wounds wouldn't go unnoticed from the world. He sighed. He would need to come up with an excuse. Again.

The dried blood that had stained his blonde hair had washed away in the shower. It hit him how bad he must've looked when he got here yesterday. But George hadn't even flinched at the sight. 

George's bed was comfortable and Clay had slept well, so his physical appearance did thankfully not match his mental one. The only thing that potentially could give him away was his eyes. They sure as hell showed sign of his exhaustion. But he knew the trick by now. Just smile and pretend. Then there's few that'll question anything.